Photo

nexus 4

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 rageagainstmachine

rageagainstmachine

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:55

I know the Nexus 4 has been sold out for quite some time, but does anyone happen to know when google might take stock of these phones again?

Thanks

#2 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:57

Nobody knows at the moment.

But you can go here and check: http://www.n4checker.com/

#3 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:01

You got to keep you ears to the ground when it comes to the Nexus 4.

I suspect they will open up for more orders at the end of this month. Just a guess though. It will probably be weeks though, not months.

#4 b4zzy

b4zzy

Neowinian

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:05

I have bought one second hand but with stickers etc still on and only been turned on for a day if that... thing is I bought it unknowing it was pretty rare. Amazing phone though, love it.

#5 +V-Tech

V-Tech

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:25

With Google you never know.. I think their customer service is one of the worse possible. There has been no info released to people regarding when stock of the N4 will be available.

Lucky for me i was able to buy it the second time they opened the sale in Canada. I do have to say that i LOVE the device and very happy and lucky that i was able to get one.

#6 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 17:06

With Google you never know.. I think their customer service is one of the worse possible. There has been no info released to people regarding when stock of the N4 will be available.

Lucky for me i was able to buy it the second time they opened the sale in Canada. I do have to say that i LOVE the device and very happy and lucky that i was able to get one.

I've had mixed luck with their support. My most recent interaction with their support was quite pleasant but my issue was minor. The first time I dealt with their support I had a phone that was essentially DOA and they were having supply problems. It was a bigger deal where they said the replacement would ship out in the next few days to at maximum a week to it taking a little over 2 weeks for them to finally ship my replacement N4. Between the emails they sent me, what Google Wallet and the "My Orders & Settings" link in the Play store, and what they were telling me over the phone it was clear they have some IT problems. Especially over the phone. They can't do much for you on their end because their support has their hands tied by their IT software. Asking for a supervisor doesn't really get you anywhere with Google Play Store support, because the supervisor has no greater authority over the IT software than the first tier support guy does.

#7 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 17:51

This phone's launch is worse than Verizon's launch debacle with the Galaxy Nexus. LG should never be able to produce a Nexus device! :shifty:

#8 +Livin in a box

Livin in a box

Oh man. I shot Marvin in the face.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 09 January 2013 - 17:55

Google have handled this extremely bad, and they don't seem to give much warning when the phone does go back on sale. Either no media outlets are chasing up on them or most other companies are just providing updates all the time to the media for them to update us.

I also don't understand how production can be so slow if they have apparantly sold fewer than 400,000 units. :/

#9 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:10

Google have handled this extremely bad, and they don't seem to give much warning when the phone does go back on sale. Either no media outlets are chasing up on them or most other companies are just providing updates all the time to the media for them to update us.

I also don't understand how production can be so slow if they have apparantly sold fewer than 400,000 units. :/

Well, the last time it was available in the US for sale through the Play Store, Google sent me an email the day before with a time when it would go on sale, so they're getting better...

#10 DoomsDayMayan

DoomsDayMayan

Neowinian

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:17

70K devices in October, 90K in November and 210K in December. They are picking up speed. I'm guessing there has never been such a high demand for these devices before. It is no secret that the Nexus phones never sold in high volumes.

#11 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:18

Well, the last time it was available in the US for sale through the Play Store, Google sent me an email the day before with a time when it would go on sale, so they're getting better...

Where is the option to receive an email when they go back on sale? I'm not seeing it on the product page that states "Sold Out". Would be nice if the link to be notified when it is back in stock to be right there under the "Sold Out".

#12 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:29

Where is the option to receive an email when they go back on sale? I'm not seeing it on the product page that states "Sold Out". Would be nice if the link to be notified when it is back in stock to be right there under the "Sold Out".

Interesting, it looks like they took that option out! It used to be right in the box where it lists the price, you'd have an option to notify you when the product becomes available. I would just use the link from the second post, the n4checker.

#13 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:41

70K devices in October, 90K in November and 210K in December. They are picking up speed. I'm guessing there has never been such a high demand for these devices before. It is no secret that the Nexus phones never sold in high volumes.

Exactly. This one in particular has gotten a lot more attention than the previous Nexus phones have. They are in a much better position if they ramp up production in response to high demand than get stuck in a position where they need to lower production.

#14 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:08

Interesting, it looks like they took that option out! It used to be right in the box where it lists the price, you'd have an option to notify you when the product becomes available. I would just use the link from the second post, the n4checker.

That email to notify never worked. I signed up for it, but only got the email AFTER everything sold out, on November 14th.

Use n4checker is a no brainer.

#15 dnast

dnast

Long-winded

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:47

I got the e-mail last time. Didn't remember signing up for it, though.

They might be better off quietly bringing them back on sale. That way they won't have a million people on the site hitting F5 over and over right as they are about to go on sale.