Adding an extra feature without notification
that some costumers will use/need and get charged more for
while some wont even use/notice

#18 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:39

God I hate it when wireless carriers add new features to my account, and don't charge me for them. ****es me off to no end! The other day Verizon notified me that I am eligible for an early upgrade on my phone, and I called the representative FUMING that I now had this option that I didn't have before and I may at some point find useful even though I have no need to actually take advantage of the offer. How dare they allow me to upgrade my phone without permission?!?

#19 wv@gt

wv@gt

Neowinian Senior

• 4,179 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:53

If you are not being charged...whats the fuss about. The fact that you called att and claimed to have fumed at them to me is the most disrespectful part of it. Have you worked customer service before, do you know whats its like dealing with irate customers, its not pleasant, nor will it get you far. Next time if this happens I would just politely ask if you one are or are not being charged, and how come you were not asked about the service.

#20 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:59

God I hate it when wireless carriers add new features to my account, and don't charge me for them. ****es me off to no end! The other day Verizon notified me that I am eligible for an early upgrade on my phone, and I called the representative FUMING that I now had this option that I didn't have before and I may at some point find useful even though I have no need to actually take advantage of the offer. How dare they allow me to upgrade my phone without permission?!?

I know what you mean. My carrier offers me discounts for cinema tickets, gigs, clothes and food all the time. I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS.

#21 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 09 January 2013 - 20:59

If you are not being charged...whats the fuss about. The fact that you called att and claimed to have fumed at them to me is the most disrespectful part of it. Have you worked customer service before, do you know whats its like dealing with irate customers, its not pleasant, nor will it get you far. Next time if this happens I would just politely ask if you one are or are not being charged, and how come you were not asked about the service.

Did you just post helpful & rational advise that some readers may benefit from while others wont, without notifying me first ???
how dare you

:rofl:

#22 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

• 11,021 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 21:16

This is seeming all to familiar....

Attached Images

• c5HFo.jpg

#23 OP Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• 6,520 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 09 January 2013 - 22:53

You all can kiss my behind.

#24 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• 4,262 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:03

You all can kiss my behind.

You were disrespectful to the AT&T representative, and you're being disrespectful to us.

#25 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,114 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:17

Wow....thought this was going to be a good AT&T bashing thread.

Disappointed.

#26 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• 8,821 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:22

Wow, I thought people here would be a little more open minded about what happened. He didn't ask for it and shouldn't be enabled by default. What happens in his phone was stolen and brought overseas? As a large company you don't enable something that can have the POSSIBILITY of having the customer charged if they didn't request it. How can any of you be against that? It's mind boggling really.

Also any of you stating about promotional calls or SMS about phone upgrades or other similar deals, that is completely different and you know it.

#27 +-T-

-T-

Trapmaster

• 2,613 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:24

This is a non issue, with the Telco I work for, it's something we enable after 6 months of positive history from the customer. I have had people complain about even more mundane things, including one customer complaining we'd sent him a bill stating he was in credit.

This is a non issue, with the Telco I work for, it's something we enable after 6 months of positive history from the customer. I have had people complain about even more mundane things, including one customer complaining we'd sent him a bill stating he was in credit.

#28 Digitalfox

Digitalfox

Catch the fox, if you can...

• 992 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:28

You were disrespectful to the AT&T representative, and you're being disrespectful to us.

Actually I'll jump to his side, you were the ones exaggerating over his complaint, it's like you are all part of AT&T, shareholders or something!

Stop defending AT&T like it's your family!

Doesn't he pay for a service? So he has every right to complain when something doesn't feel right!

And disrespectful to the AT&T representative? And how many times do the ISP's representatives treat us like idiots? Poor they?

It's like when you starting posting "Oh poor Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc..."

Or "You are complaining because you pay for 30Mbps and only get 20Mbps down? I only get 10Mbps so stop complaining!"

#29 jjkusaf

jjkusaf

Deadhead

• 1,114 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:33

What happens in his phone was stolen and brought overseas?

Do you know how silly that sounds?

#30 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,799 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 23:33

You don't get it. I did not order that service and it is not part of my package therefore it is very disrespectful of them to add it to my package or account without consulting with me first, free or not, it is wrong.

do you get equally mad when your electricity rate goes down? or when your checking account goes down in service fees? I am pretty sure you are not understanding what they gave you.