AT&T Is Very Disrespectful To Its Customers

Wow, I thought people here would be a little more open minded about what happened. He didn't ask for it and shouldn't be enabled by default. What happens in his phone was stolen and brought overseas? As a large company you don't enable something that can have the POSSIBILITY of having the customer charged if they didn't request it. How can any of you be against that? It's mind boggling really.

Also any of you stating about promotional calls or SMS about phone upgrades or other similar deals, that is completely different and you know it.

This is a non issue, with the Telco I work for, it's something we enable after 6 months of positive history from the customer. I have had people complain about even more mundane things, including one customer complaining we'd sent him a bill stating he was in credit.

This is a non issue, with the Telco I work for, it's something we enable after 6 months of positive history from the customer. I have had people complain about even more mundane things, including one customer complaining we'd sent him a bill stating he was in credit.

You were disrespectful to the AT&T representative, and you're being disrespectful to us.

Actually I'll jump to his side, you were the ones exaggerating over his complaint, it's like you are all part of AT&T, shareholders or something!

Stop defending AT&T like it's your family!

Doesn't he pay for a service? So he has every right to complain when something doesn't feel right!

And disrespectful to the AT&T representative? And how many times do the ISP's representatives treat us like idiots? Poor they?

It's like when you starting posting "Oh poor Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc..."

Or "You are complaining because you pay for 30Mbps and only get 20Mbps down? I only get 10Mbps so stop complaining!"

You don't get it. I did not order that service and it is not part of my package therefore it is very disrespectful of them to add it to my package or account without consulting with me first, free or not, it is wrong.

do you get equally mad when your electricity rate goes down? or when your checking account goes down in service fees? I am pretty sure you are not understanding what they gave you.

OK I just got a text message from AT&T that reads:

"Your phone is now enabled to roam and dial internationally. Details and rates at att.com/global"

1. I do not travel internationally

2. I live in Florida

So I called AT&T to find out why that feature has been activated in my account without my permission because I certainly did not do it or authorized anyone to activate it.

The rep told me that "the system does this automatically just in case you travel to another country or roam."

I then told her that even though its not her fault, I think it is VERY disrespectful of AT&T to add features or services to a customer's account without the customer's authorization. I was fuming. This is totally wrong and uncalled for. Who the hell do they think they are to activate services on customer's accounts without asking them first?

Not good.

I imagine you pull your hair out just the same when visiting 99.99% of websites that activate a feature without asking you first.

Do you know how silly that sounds?

How? They get the SIM card, reburn it to a blank one overseas and see you later. How is that any different to people stealing credit cards to use overseas via skimming devices? The fact of the matter is its a service that needs to be REQUESTED to be used. All phones that come through to us at work or even my personal ones as well have never had them enabled by default for international roaming.

How? They get the SIM card, reburn it to a blank one overseas and see you later. How is that any different to people stealing credit cards to use overseas via skimming devices? The fact of the matter is its a service that needs to be REQUESTED to be used. All phones that come through to us at work or even my personal ones as well have never had them enabled by default for international roaming.

ok...you were serious. :woot:

Something went over my head... Did I miss something? :rofl:

They do it with data too. When I first swapped phones from a throw away phone (broken 3GS) after a month or two, the data was killed but as soon as I put that sim card in my new 3GS it automatically added data...

Actually I'll jump to his side, you were the ones exaggerating over his complaint, it's like you are all part of AT&T, shareholders or something!

Stop defending AT&T like it's your family!

Doesn't he pay for a service? So he has every right to complain when something doesn't feel right!

And disrespectful to the AT&T representative? And how many times do the ISP's representatives treat us like idiots? Poor they?

It's like when you starting posting "Oh poor Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc..."

Or "You are complaining because you pay for 30Mbps and only get 20Mbps down? I only get 10Mbps so stop complaining!"

(Y)

Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. As you've said, you don't travel out of the country so you're not going to notice one single difference in your service. And if you're worried about your phone jumping to an International network accidentally, just set the network selection to Manual. Done, it will now never connect to a different network without you telling it to.

Whatever. I still think its very disrespectful of them

I've always though that using the word 'whatever' to a previous comment was also disrespectful. I think you need to chill out a bit - its not like this is costing you anything. There are far more important things in life to worry about than your mobile provider enabling international roaming on your phone.

Exactly my point.

It's just like that AT&T Navigator app on the android phone. If you click on it, they will immediately start charging you for using it. $10.00 a month and guess what? They start charging you those $10.00 a month without warning. I don't think that's right either.

AT&T is well known for over charging customers and if all you people that are making fun of my thread can't see that or know that, I suggest you do a little research on Google to find out what AT&T does and why they have the absolute worst customer service crown in the mobile industry.

What a waste of a read...

Then take your phone and disable it.. Unless you still have the old bar phone. From the sounds of it, if you get that upset over small things in life, no one is calling you anyways.

What a waste of a read...

Then take your phone and disable it.. Unless you still have the old bar phone. From the sounds of it, if you get that upset over small things in life, no one is calling you anyways.

You must be another AT&T fanboy

What I don't understand is this: If you dislike them so much and distrust them and their practices, why are you still with them? I would jump ship if I was unhappy with a service.

What I don't understand is this: If you dislike them so much and distrust them and their practices, why are you still with them? I would jump ship if I was unhappy with a service.

Because unfortunately they are the only ones that offer the ability to surf and talk at the same time plus I still have the unlimited data plan from 4 years ago. If any other carrier gave me all of that for what I pay, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Never had any problems with ATT personally. I'm pretty sure CyanogenMod has options to disable roaming if you're paranoid about fees. Not the best solution but something to consider if you can't switch.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Never had any problems with ATT personally. I'm pretty sure CyanogenMod has options to disable roaming if you're paranoid about fees. Not the best solution but something to consider if you can't switch.

They have over charged me for services I never requested in the past and that is why I am "paranoid" with them. Like I said previously, most every app that comes with your Android phone is free to use. Well, AT&T phones have a GPS app called AT&T Navigator and if you click on it, they will immediately start charging you $10.00 a month to use it. No warning, no nothing. When you get your bill then you will see it there. I know because it happened to me.

They also added insurance, without my consent, to 2 other regular phone lines I don't even use. I used them to get upgrades to new phones and even though they have a number, they are not being used, but they still added insurance on them without my authorization, so yes I have a reason to get pretty upset about their practices.