• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 10 January 2013 - 00:50

my money is on the u.s govt murdering him in order to stamp out dissent of their forthcoming gun banning in order to enslave the american people.

Getting better! Man I'm so excited. I should get one of my students interested in film production to see this thread.

#17 Nathaniel Smith_329019

Nathaniel Smith_329019

Neowinian

• 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 00:55

Rip fellow gun lover :( We will get all the red coats!

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:00

That's sad for him but I guess if you live by the gun you shouldn't be surprised to die by the gun.

#19 McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:03

Riiight. Guess I deserve to die in a car crash since I drive.

#20 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,837 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:45

More likely, he did not "have guns" he was in his office and may not have even had a CCW, IF there was anything there firearms wise, it was likely in a safe awaiting use in a production.

It's incredibly unlikely that he didn't have a gun on him, as he was a gun enthusiast. More likely he was caught by surprise, in which case a gun isn't going to help you.

Id put money on this being some anti- gun liberal that did it.

So your theory is that somebody who opposes guns bought—or illegally acquired—a firearm and used it to kill someone simply because of their enthusiasm for firearms? That's pretty contradictory. It would be like a vegetarian protesting a meat advocate by disembowelling a cow in front of their home. Surely an "anti-gun liberal" would use a knife or poison? You know, anything other than a gun.

Hmm something smells fishy.

Obviously. He was murdered. Unless you're suggesting it's part of a massive government conspiracy to restrict American's right to bear arms, which wouldn't surprise me given the other ridiculous stuff you post.

As for the victim, if he was murdered for his enthusiasm for firearms then that's very sad and concerning. Many people might consider his enthusiasm to be unhealthy and abhorrent but that's certainly no reason to kill somebody. I would suspect he was murdered for another reason - possibly money. If the YouTube channel was generating a lot of money - which you'd have to assume it was given its popularity - then that's a very strong motive for killing somebody, especially if there was a dispute over how it was to be shared. It would be very scary to think that gun owners and advocates of gun restrictions were turning against each other to the point that they're willing to kill each other, though given the toxic political climate in the US that's certainly a possibility.

#21 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,794 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:33

Oh my god I love FPSRussia. Just because they are gun nuts, doesn't mean they deserve to be murdered. My sympathies to the Person who was murdered's family and the FPSRussia team. I hope it wasn't some filming accident turned murder.

I don't think anyone suggested that he did deserve to be murdered. I also doubt he was murdered because he liked guns.

Obviously. He was murdered. Unless you're suggesting it's part of a massive government conspiracy to restrict American's right to bear arms, which wouldn't surprise me given the other ridiculous stuff you post.

As for the victim, if he was murdered for his enthusiasm for firearms then that's very sad and concerning. Many people might consider his enthusiasm to be unhealthy and abhorrent but that's certainly no reason to kill somebody. I would suspect he was murdered for another reason - possibly money. If the YouTube channel was generating a lot of money - which you'd have to assume it was given its popularity - then that's a very strong motive for killing somebody, especially if there was a dispute over how it was to be shared. It would be very scary to think that gun owners and advocates of gun restrictions were turning against each other to the point that they're willing to kill each other, though given the toxic political climate in the US that's certainly a possibility.

I'd go the money angle. Seems the most likely. Or a girl. People do crazy stuff over the ladies.

#22 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,520 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:17

This is oddly suspicious, to be totally honest.

#23 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,344 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:25

"He [Ratliff] did sustain a gunshot wound that was not self-inflicted," Ayers said, adding that "robbery does not appear to be the motive."

Clearly murder, not a robbery. Probably money related or some shady deal. Either way, he was caught of guard.

#24 McCordRm

McCordRm

• 3,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:19

i don't know why you guys keep sayin silly crap like that. isn't even remotely the same thing.
cars werent designed to kill for one.

"For one?" What else you got?
And it is, as a matter of fact, the same damn thing. Blaming an intimate object for the actions
a person uses it for is ignorant. But if you want to blame an object for what it COULD be
used for, how about knives? They were designed to cut and stab. The fact that they're also
used to do it to dead meat should be irrelevant by your logic- their PURPOSE is put to use
killing people, thus we should register every single one and limit how many a person can
own... maybe even take them away completely.

#25 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,344 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:36

And it is, as a matter of fact, the same damn thing. Blaming an intimate object for the actions
a person uses it for is ignorant. But if you want to blame an object for what it COULD be
used for, how about knives? They were designed to cut and stab. The fact that they're also
used to do it to dead meat should be irrelevant by your logic- their PURPOSE is put to use
killing people, thus we should register every single one and limit how many a person can

with enough bullets and a gun one could also make ground meat from meat, but i doubt that's their original purpose. :laugh:
Also don't know about you, but in my country some knifes are in deed forbidden to sale unless in a gun armor.

#26 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:52

Riiight. Guess I deserve to die in a car crash since I drive.

Has anyone in this topic said he deserved to die? No. Has anyone said gun owners deserve to be shot? No.

The car argument makes about as much sense as "I go swimming, so I guess I deserve to drown."

#27 McCordRm

McCordRm

• 3,228 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:54

Has anyone in this topic said he deserved to die? No. Has anyone said gun owners deserve to be shot? No.

The car argument makes about as much sense as "I go swimming, so I guess I deserve to drown."

That's sad for him but I guess if you live by the gun you shouldn't be surprised to die by the gun.

So yea, my post was relevant.

#28 Hitman2000

Hitman2000

joO 4R3 73H L337!

• 1,337 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:19

So the main guy with the Russian accent is dead? or Just one of the behind the scene guys?

Either way, seems pretty fishy, im guessing he knew the killers, if its was a normal robbery or random im sure he had enough fire power to hold off a small army.

#29 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41

So yea, my post was relevant.

I think he meant it is unsurprising, not that he deserved it.

#30 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,896 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:51

same ol' argument.. would you be ok with people packing anthrax around? mustard gas? portable nukes in briefcases to work? they are inanimate so it should be safe right?