8 posts in this topic

Posted

Windows 7, HP laptop. When I try to reboot with new updates, it gets hung on the first one and will sit there all day if I don't turn it off. I've tried the Microsoft tool that should fix it, and nothing happens- it still hangs.

How can I clear that all out and re-try the installs? I've tried all I could think of but nothing changes.

Thanks!

Posted

[url="http://www.troublefixers.com/how-to-remove-downloaded-but-not-yet-installed-windows-update-files/"]http://www.troublefi...s-update-files/[/url]

Posted

you should have the option (i think its f8) to go in and do a system restore to a point before your update

Posted

I don't know what the restore point would be, so that's a last resort option at the moment, but it IS noted in case Paul's link doesn't get me there.

Paul: Thanks!!! I have the delete process now. When I get home and am not remote, I'll try to reboot.

Posted

[quote name='SoCalRox' timestamp='1358193342' post='595453942']
I don't know what the restore point would be, so that's a last resort option at the moment, but it IS noted in case Paul's link doesn't get me there.

Paul: Thanks!!! I have the delete process now. When I get home and am not remote, I'll try to reboot.
[/quote]
Hopefully its all good now, I have had the same problem with 2 different computers and that fixed it. :)

Posted

Seems to have done the trick!!! THANKS!!!!

Posted

OOPS! Downloaded just fine. Install hangs on first one again,

Dang!

Posted

Upon further review, I think I need to reinstall Windows. I ran sfc /scannow and it couldn't even complete.