Office 2010 SP2 Invites Sent

Hey y'all:

I found this from winbeta.org ...

http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-sending-out-invites-office-2010-and-sharepoint-2010-service-pack-2

If any one of the newsposters want to post this in Front Page News. by all means go right ahead.

:)

haven't received an invite yet... getting a little worried that I won't, either. Hope I do, but if I don't, there's not much I can do about it but wait. :/

I hope it fixes up some drawing bugs when running Office 2010 on Windows 8 - check out the 'file' menu and the weird square around it in the background.

I hope it fixes up some drawing bugs when running Office 2010 on Windows 8 - check out the 'file' menu and the weird square around it in the background.

Are you running the x64 or x86 version of Office 2010? I experience the same problem but only with x64 Office on Win8.

wtf? what's the point of SP2 when they're discontinuing SPs for Win7 and releasing Office 2013, like, now?

Maybe to fix bugs for customers that have the 2010 version of office. Think about businesses that have 10's of thousands of computers... who's going to pay to upgrade to Office 2013 in this economy? Are you going to front the bill for them in licensing and deployment/training costs?

Maybe to fix bugs for customers that have the 2010 version of office. Think about businesses that have 10's of thousands of computers... who's going to pay to upgrade to Office 2013 in this economy? Are you going to front the bill for them in licensing and deployment/training costs?

what kind of multiple tens of thousands of computers company would not have a continuing licence already?

we will not be upgrading to 2013 however, if we wanted to it would not cost us a penny as we lisence X amount of computers and can put whatever version of office/windows on it we like. we pay every june. whatever is on the network at that time is what we pay for.

There is also the fact that service packs are more than just patch roll ups because they also include patches that are unreleased to the public and only available to customers on contract.

Are you running the x64 or x86 version of Office 2010? I experience the same problem but only with x64 Office on Win8.

Office 2010 x64 on Windows 8 Pro x64. It isn't a major thing but it would be nice to see it fixed :D