Question

Posted

Now things are beginning to really get ridiculous. OK, so I personally have a Note 2 with its 5.5 inch screen and I think that's more than plenty. It is hard enough to hold it and operate it with one hand as it is with its massive 5.5 inch screen, but 6.3 inches? I don't think so. Enough is enough. How big is too big for a phone Samsung? Really?

The amazing thing is that there will be a lot of people out there that will buy it.

What do you guys think?

[b]Source: [/b][url="http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-feature-exynos-5-octa-cpu-63-inch-display-release-date-arrive-later-year"]http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3-feature-exynos-5-octa-cpu-63-inch-display-release-date-arrive-later-year[/url]

42 answers to this question

Posted

[img]http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/00305/mobile_herald_305826t.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Youre-Doing-It-Wrong.jpeg?f39ce1[/img]

We're getting closer to the 80's again

No joke, this is a Nexus 7, it's not much bigger!

Posted

6.3 inches for a phone is just excessive. And could something with a 6.3 inch display even fit into a normal pants pocket?

Posted

some wouldn't mind a 7" phone. If you must pack around a tablet around might as well be one with a cell phone in so its one less thing to have to pack around. If this model is too big for someone, a person always has the choice not to buy it. I "not buy" things i don't like everyday.

Posted

I agree, a 5.5" is the maximum size for a phone and also 8 cores!! in the last 4 days, i've only used all 4 cores at 1.6ghz for 30mins!
The maximum CPU it usually use is 1.1ghz

Posted

This guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_the_Giant would love this phone ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

They should include a free bluetooth headset.
2 people like this

Posted

[img]http://i.imgur.com/r3FW6.gif[/img]

Worth repeating...
4 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1358545153' post='595463086']
[img]http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/00305/mobile_herald_305826t.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Youre-Doing-It-Wrong.jpeg?f39ce1[/img]

We're getting closer to the 80's again

No joke, this is a Nexus 7, it's not much bigger!
[/quote]

LMAO!!! I remember when I got the mitsubishi diamondtel cell phone with the giant battery pack lol!!

Posted

[quote name='Tony.' timestamp='1358545908' post='595463108']
They should include a free bluetooth headset.
[/quote]

And a specially designed fanny-pack to store it in.

Posted

Its a tablet, not a phone, Although it functions with phone capabilities. Phones play videos, but you wouldn't buy a phone and sell your TV.

Posted

[quote name='Scorbing' timestamp='1358544657' post='595463074']
[/quote]

I have Note 2 as well.. But everyone is entitled to their preferences for the phone/tablet sizes and features.

I am interested in Note 3 ... I don't care about the size ... it fits in my pocket of my jacket, no problem. I have iPad 2 which I have to carry to places... Note 2 fits perfectly in my pocket and nothing to carry.. Plus Note has cell coverage in case you are in the restuarant or some places that do not have wireless hook up yet, for exanple: Texas Roadhouse.

Posted

They can increase the display size without increasing the body size.

Look at what Sony just did: the Xperia ZL has a 5" display and it is smaller than a Galaxy S3 (4.8"), Lumia 920 (4.5") and the Nexus 4 (4.7"). You just need good design and hardware engineers. Unfortunately for Samsung they are lacking in both areas.
1 person likes this

Posted

i need a bigger pocket...
1 person likes this

Posted

Im relatively new to android but I always thought the Note was a small tablet, not a phone.

Posted

[quote name='patseguin' timestamp='1358695108' post='595465886']
Im relatively new to android but I always thought the Note was a small tablet, not a phone.
[/quote]

That can be called "Phablet"... phone + tablet = phablet

see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phablet

Posted

If people want this I see no problem with Samsung building it. I want a Note 2 but 6.3 is a bit large for me.

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1358730214' post='595466962']
If people want this I see no problem with Samsung building it. I want a Note 2 but 6.3 is a bit large for me.
[/quote]

Note 2 = 5.5"
Note 3 = 6.3"

Posted

Think about it, if it had a near edge-to-edge screen and no buttons it wouldn't be much bigger, if any.

If it had similar sized bezels to the note 2, then it will be ridonkulous.

Posted

My note2 fits very comfortably in my hand and my pocket (with space to spare, even when wearing a case).

Yes this note3 seems big and will be mocked, but meh - it'll fit.

Posted

I see people using the note and it looks ridiculous. Even on guys that are huge and have sausage fingers. 6+ inches is just silly.

Posted

[quote name='moloko' timestamp='1358789059' post='595468478']
I see people using the note and it looks ridiculous. Even on guys that are huge and have sausage fingers. 6+ inches is just silly.
[/quote]

Have you ever used one? Have you ever held one in your hand and actually use it? If you haven't, try it. Believe me, as a former iPhone user, once you hold a Note 2 on your hands and use it, you will never want another smaller phone again.

Posted

[quote name='Scorbing' timestamp='1358790729' post='595468540']
Have you ever used one? Have you ever held one in your hand and actually use it? If you haven't, try it. Believe me, as a former iPhone user, once you hold a Note 2 on your hands and use it, you will never want another smaller phone again.
[/quote]

I went from an S3 to an i5 no problem!

Posted

[quote name='Hardcore Til I Die' timestamp='1358791483' post='595468564']
I went from an S3 to an i5 no problem!
[/quote]

The iPhone 5 is a fine piece of hardware, no doubt, but the fact is the Note 2 can do more.

1. Micro SD card slot
2. Very long lasting and exchangeable battery
3. Very customizable UI
4. Much better multitasking
5. Multiview Screen

Five things that may not be important to some, but are very important to others when buying a phone.
2 people like this

Posted

Who has their phone to their ear anymore? Most people, I think, use bluetooth or buds.

Posted

[quote name='Scorbing' timestamp='1358791959' post='595468580']
The iPhone 5 is a fine piece of hardware, no doubt, but the fact is the Note 2 can do more.

1. Micro SD card slot
2. Very long lasting and exchangeable battery
3. Very customizable UI
4. Much better multitasking
5. Multiview Screen

Five things that may not be important to some, but are very important to others when buying a phone.
[/quote]

1. That will only be a factor for most people if the internal storage isn't enough. I'm using less than half of the storage on my 64GB iPhone. It wouldn't hurt to have the option though.
2. iPhone lasts a day; any more than that makes no difference to me as I charge overnight. Nobody is going to complain about a longer lasting battery though.
3. Had three Android phones. Eventually I got bored of customising it. I find I use my iPhone more for actual stuff (playing games, watching videos, talking to people) than customising. This isn't a negative for Android, I just think I needed a change. :p
4. Debatable. I never find iOS multitasking lacking and it's much better for battery life. Push notifications are a much better system than just letting apps run amok in the background. Wakelocks are a major problem on Android for a lot of people. I was a guide on a popular Android website and helped hundreds of people with wakelock problems.
5. Cool feature, but not sure how useful it will be on such a small screen. I haven't used it though so I won't comment on whether it's good or not :p

They're both excellent devices in their own right... I loved the S3 so I would love the Note 2 too, I'm sure. Just fancied a change!