Scorbing, on 21 January 2013 - 18:12, said:
The iPhone 5 is a fine piece of hardware, no doubt, but the fact is the Note 2 can do more.
1. Micro SD card slot
2. Very long lasting and exchangeable battery
3. Very customizable UI
4. Much better multitasking
5. Multiview Screen
Five things that may not be important to some, but are very important to others when buying a phone.
1. That will only be a factor for most people if the internal storage isn't enough. I'm using less than half of the storage on my 64GB iPhone. It wouldn't hurt to have the option though.
2. iPhone lasts a day; any more than that makes no difference to me as I charge overnight. Nobody is going to complain about a longer lasting battery though.
3. Had three Android phones. Eventually I got bored of customising it. I find I use my iPhone more for actual stuff (playing games, watching videos, talking to people) than customising. This isn't a negative for Android, I just think I needed a change.
4. Debatable. I never find iOS multitasking lacking and it's much better for battery life. Push notifications are a much better system than just letting apps run amok in the background. Wakelocks are a major problem on Android for a lot of people. I was a guide on a popular Android website and helped hundreds of people with wakelock problems.
5. Cool feature, but not sure how useful it will be on such a small screen. I haven't used it though so I won't comment on whether it's good or not
They're both excellent devices in their own right... I loved the S3 so I would love the Note 2 too, I'm sure. Just fancied a change!