dwm windows 8 tablet z670

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hannes

Hannes

Neowinian

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:47

Hey,

Im looking for someone who can help me with some DWM stuff. I need to know more about DWM and what files belong to it. After that I want to find a way to replace these files in Windows 8 RTM with the files of the Consumer Preview.

I’ve got a Tablet with the Z670 / GMA 600. And ever since the Release Preview, there are a couple of performance issues related to the DWM. How do I know that?

For example inking isn’t smooth at all. I use a Q550 with a Digitizer and with the CP inking was a lot smoother. There is a workaround for some apps like Windows Journal. There you can go to ‘fullscreen’ mode and it works well again. This is the same with basically everything. Watching a movie in window mode? Not possible. In fullscreen it works.

I already tried the AeroLite Style to get a little bit more performance out of it, but it doesn’t seem enough. Somehow the screen seems to overly refresh it self or something. It gets a lot better if there isn’t any chrome left (no Taskbar / Windowborder).

It would be really great if someone here had an idea how to make it possible. There’s no hope for better WDDM drivers, so it seems to be the only way.

#2 +Seahorsepip

Seahorsepip

http://seapip.com

• Tech Issues Solved: 27
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 January 2013 - 16:43

Impossible, some people tried it but it kills a lot of features and especially the windows 8 start screen it also can make your system unbootable...

#3 Sergey "hb860"

Sergey "hb860"

EdgeUI

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:40

^right
I even tried to relink DWM's files
But morons have hardcoded dwm.exe with winlogon.exe
Winlogon.exe has CRC check
So even if you "unlink" them, windows 8 becomes unbootable.