[Windows 8] Port DWM from Consumer Preview to RTM

Hey,

Im looking for someone who can help me with some DWM stuff. I need to know more about DWM and what files belong to it. After that I want to find a way to replace these files in Windows 8 RTM with the files of the Consumer Preview.

I?ve got a Tablet with the Z670 / GMA 600. And ever since the Release Preview, there are a couple of performance issues related to the DWM. How do I know that?

For example inking isn?t smooth at all. I use a Q550 with a Digitizer and with the CP inking was a lot smoother. There is a workaround for some apps like Windows Journal. There you can go to ?fullscreen? mode and it works well again. This is the same with basically everything. Watching a movie in window mode? Not possible. In fullscreen it works.

I already tried the AeroLite Style to get a little bit more performance out of it, but it doesn?t seem enough. Somehow the screen seems to overly refresh it self or something. It gets a lot better if there isn?t any chrome left (no Taskbar / Windowborder).

It would be really great if someone here had an idea how to make it possible. There?s no hope for better WDDM drivers, so it seems to be the only way.

Impossible, some people tried it but it kills a lot of features and especially the windows 8 start screen it also can make your system unbootable...

^right

I even tried to relink DWM's files

But morons have hardcoded dwm.exe with winlogon.exe

Winlogon.exe has CRC check

So even if you "unlink" them, windows 8 becomes unbootable.