10 posts in this topic

Posted

Sometimes we get forwarded applications for summer internships on Wall Street that are extremely embarrassing because the applicant is totally full of themselves or completely clueless.

What happens is the letters go viral and the Street passes them around in long email chains blasting the applicant. They're always funny, but a little bit sad.

That's exactly what we thought was going to happen today when we received this one in our inbox. It turns that the cover letter originally sent to a boutique investment bank is exactly the opposite.

The cover letter below is unapologetically honest and people on Wall Street are calling it one of the best letters they have seen. Everyone on the thread agrees the letter shows energy and pluck and honesty. :happy:

[url="http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kid-sends-perfectly-blunt-cover-letter-for-wall-street-internship--and-now-tons-of-people-are-trying-to-hire-him-151518002.html"]more[/url]
1 person likes this

Posted

Is this the type of person Wall Street wants? I thought they liked the cocky, arrogant, conniving, incredibly intelligent with a special skill set and would do anything to enrich the company type of candidate. This guy is too honest and admits he is nothing special.

Posted

^ He can be corrupted after being used as a slave ... :shifty:

Posted

[quote name='linsook' timestamp='1358702708' post='595466132']
Is this the type of person Wall Street wants? I thought they liked the cocky, arrogant, conniving, incredibly intelligent with a special skill set and would do anything to enrich the company type of candidate. This guy is too honest and admits he is nothing special.
[/quote]click on the more link, the letter got some interesting responses from within the company

Posted

"This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions, including those regarding confidentiality, legal privilege and ..."

Uh huh, and you're allowed to screen-cap and post it on public forums ;)?

(Yeah, I'm aware that this is probably the typical "corporate" email signature from whoever has forwarded the mail)

Posted

[quote name='Brando212' timestamp='1358704443' post='595466176']
click on the more link, the letter got some interesting responses from within the company
[/quote]

Ya, I liked the one about a lackey to build models and fetch coffee.

Posted

He's too honest. I'm not sure how well he will ever do at banking talking like that.
1 person likes this

Posted

Straight shooters are too damned hard to find, and severely needed. Everywhere.

After confirming his resumes contents I'd hire the kid on the spot. If he worked out I'd keep track of him, and once he finished his schooling I might consider sending him an employment application.

Posted

It honestly doesn't seem that blunt to me; slightly pathetic that he is so self-deprecating... perhaps.

Posted

This letter is blazing.