• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Mozart

Posted 07 February 2013 - 16:25

Hm interesting - just googled for info on that. Will try it when I get home :)

#17 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 07 February 2013 - 17:40

How did you update your Focus Baji? I'm feeling impatient for some reason and debating just loading the 'clean' ROM or is the Zune trick still the easier method? (Curious how/if I need to backup the OEM ROM for when ATT gets off their butts)

#18 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 18:08

Force WP7.8 update for anyone still waiting on their operator to update them (Posted in the Lumia 710/800 forum, not sure if it will work for other models)

Download - SevenEighter
http://windowsphoneh...eveneighter.zip

Source
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2128425

#19 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:21

Should I worry about a backup of the OEM image/ROM? I have some 710's I'll attempt on first since they are EOL'd anyway but more worried bout bricking my beloved Zune player. ;)

#20 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:28

Should I worry about a backup of the OEM image/ROM? I have some 710's I'll attempt on first since they are EOL'd anyway but more worried bout bricking my beloved Zune player. ;)

You can download all the stock / OEM ROMs from Navifirm Plus anyway, there is a way to unlock the bootloader of all 710s and a method to easily flash any stock ROM too, all on XDA

#21 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:36

Thanks, I was debating a custom ROM but I'll try the SevenEighter if I can still restore via the other method.

#22 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:39

Thanks, I was debating a custom ROM but I'll try the SevenEighter if I can still restore via the other method.

It won't be a restore where you can keep apps and data, it will be a clean flash if you want to flash any other ROM from XDA or NaviFirm Plus

But yea you can go back to any ROM you want

If you do, make sure when the PC asks if you want to format the drive on the phone, hit CANCEL or your phone is as good as dead and needs soldering and reflashing from Nokia / Phone repair shops

#23 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:48

Force WP7.8 update for anyone still waiting on their operator to update them (Posted in the Lumia 710/800 forum, not sure if it will work for other models)

Download - SevenEighter
http://windowsphoneh...eveneighter.zip

Source
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2128425

Thanks for this! It appears to be working for my HTC Trophy, hopefully it doesn't take too long to update.

#24 bikeman25

bikeman25

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Windows 8 Phone--Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 12 February 2013 - 21:52

HTC stated when I contacted them the following message regarding 7.8 update

Regarding the 7.8 update, at this time, HTC does not have plans to deliver a Windows Phone 7.8 upgrade.

I guess NO update for my HTC Surround Windows Phone 7.5 to 7.8 ever

Carrier: at&T

#25 Darrian

Darrian

The Apathetic

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:27

Well, it (SevenEighter) did work for my Trophy with no apparent issues so far. Maybe it'll work for your Surround.

#26 bikeman25

bikeman25

Neowinian

• Phone: Windows 8 Phone--Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:28

Yeah may have to look into (SevenEighter) for my Surround

#27 Dashel

Dashel

Disgustipator

Posted 13 February 2013 - 19:30

It won't be a restore where you can keep apps and data, it will be a clean flash if you want to flash any other ROM from XDA or NaviFirm Plus

If you do, make sure when the PC asks if you want to format the drive on the phone, hit CANCEL or your phone is as good as dead and needs soldering and reflashing from Nokia / Phone repair shops

Thanks for the tip. Keeping data would be a bonus but its nothing critical (though it does still highlight the lack of a 'full' backup mechanism - there is invariably some MMS I've forgotten to save locally.

#28 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 19:42

Thanks for the tip. Keeping data would be a bonus but its nothing critical (though it does still highlight the lack of a 'full' backup mechanism - there is invariably some MMS I've forgotten to save locally.

I think there are backup solutions for unlocked ROMs, and iirc Zune might be able to create a full backup of your current ROM incase you want to roll back but I've never used it so not sure exactly what it backs up

#29 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 13 February 2013 - 19:59

Using SevenEighter, I need to select all languages currently installed on my phone, before continuing.

So I check my phone and can see all the languages, but a few of them are written with foreign characters, unlike the update app, which uses English letters.

Basically, I have no idea which languages to select :/

#30 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 13 February 2013 - 20:07

Using SevenEighter, I need to select all languages currently installed on my phone, before continuing.

So I check my phone and can see all the languages, but a few of them are written with foreign characters, unlike the update app, which uses English letters.

Basically, I have no idea which languages to select :/

Don't you just pick the language you have your phone set to? UK

I flashed my phone a different way before this was released so haven't used it yet

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!