Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

David Attenborough - Humans are plague on Earth

54 posts in this topic

Posted

David Attenborough - Humans are plague on Earth

Humans are a plague on the Earth that need to be controlled by limiting population growth, according to Sir David Attenborough.

sir_david_attenborough_313.jpg

The television presenter said that humans are threatening their own existence and that of other species by using up the world

3 people like this

Posted

sounds about right.

9 people like this

Posted

An incredible man. I 100% agree with him, although I choose to refer to mankind as a virus rather than a plague. Obviously not in day-to-day conversation, but on the topic of our over population and consumption of resources without much (if any) thought to sustainability.

8 people like this

Posted

It's interesting to hear someone of his stature and expertise say this. I've long been opposed to famine programmes for countries like Ethiopia and Somalia, which have completely unsustainable populations and are entirely dependent upon foreign food aid. I'd much rather see money invested in education and infrastructure.

2 people like this

Posted

It's interesting to hear someone of his stature and expertise say this. I've long been opposed to famine programmes for countries like Ethiopia and Somalia, which have completely unsustainable populations and are entirely dependent upon foreign food aid. I'd much rather see money invested in education and infrastructure.

Those programs would be as necessary if the local warlords didn't steal everything.

Posted

Well its true, if the same was happening with a different species, we would control the population.

Lock up all the Jeremy Kyle-ites, stop them having 1 kid every year until they're 60, crime will drop and no doubt majority of them will turn into crack heads or benefit scammers.

1 person likes this

Posted

The eternal problem of these kind of programs is: it is very hard to make sure all the food aid been distributed as intended. It happens all over the world.

Posted

The global population explosion will be followed by the global population implosion. Nature always finds a balance, it's just a matter of time.

Posted

An incredible man. I 100% agree with him, although I choose to refer to mankind as a virus rather than a plague. Obviously not in day-to-day conversation, but on the topic of our over population and consumption of resources without much (if any) thought to sustainability.

I prefer "a cancer" since we're all about uncontrolled growth.

Posted

The global population explosion will be followed by the global population implosion. Nature always finds a balance, it's just a matter of time.

terrest_gif.gif

Posted

Smart man. At least someone is awake.

Posted

Humans are a blight on galactic purity.

Posted

Humans are plague on Earth

truth (Y)

Posted

"Sir" Attenborough and people that believe like him are idiots

We've had crackpots making these same comments for centuries and it hasn't happened, crap like this falls under the "It's a Conspiracy" forum

Posted

He's obviously watched Agent Smiths excellent speech about humanity in The Matrix then.

"Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet....you are a plague".

Posted

well duh ... only people like me should be allowed to breed (tall, strong, high IQ and funny as hell ) ;D

Posted

100% agree.

Posted

Mmmm... I don't really care what he says, I will still blissfully fall asleep to the sound of him saying it :wub:

2 people like this

Posted

I am sure WWIII will come around soon, if not a zombie apocolypse...

Posted

Humans are a blight on galactic purity.

You sir, you are a blight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Clearly Mr. Attenborough is a manboon in manpants pretending to have a functioning brain. Some sociopaths have a hard time pretending to be an actual, feeling human being. Just too much acting ability is required, so some don't even bother anymore.

Why doesn't Mr. Attenborough live up to his convictions and remove himself and all of his progeny from the Earth? Go take ride a rocket to Jupiter or something. That's good start and a great demonstration of leading by example!

"Population control for thee, but not for me"

Posted

This has always stuck in my mind...

Agent Smith:

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure. --The Matrix

I dont remember it all just the ending really and i think its pretty true.

2 people like this

Posted

Overpopulated or not, we adapt. The time may come when we won't be able to, but that's what we've been doing and will continue to do.

I don't see the point in even talking about it. If science can't provide for us then people will have a difficult time sustaining themselves and the population levels will control themselves, one way or another.

Everyone dies in the end, no point making it happen faster.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Sir" Attenborough and people that believe like him are idiots

We've had crackpots making these same comments for centuries and it hasn't happened, crap like this falls under the "It's a Conspiracy" forum

So you are saything that we have not re shaped the world , by clearing all the land for farms, which is not natural. over 90% of the UK and euro is man made as how can the conteryside be natural.

1 person likes this