Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damo R.

movies No Plans For A 'Halloween 3' Says Rob Zombie

5 posts in this topic

VxA9o.jpg

A while back Dimension Films removed Halloween 3 from it's 2012 release date, and didn't give much reason as to why. The only thing that was mentioned is that it was the release date was to be determined, and that Dimension was still very serious about getting the film made. Well that has all apparently changed according to franchise director Rob Zombie. According to him, while talking to Scifi Now, there are no plans at all to do the third movie. "I don?t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,? said Zombie. ?That is the last thing that I heard." He also seems to still be upset with the way the second installment didn't do overly great. Citing just calling the film Halloween 2 as the reason most people didn't go out and see it.

What about if the film ever does gain some momentum again can we expect Zombie to direct? Nope! He went on to say about the possibility of directing a third movie, "I?m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie." So it sounds like once he lost interest in directing the movie Dimension lost interest in making the movie all together. Whatever the case may be it seems like it's going to be a while before we see Michael Myers terrorizing babysitters.

(http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=73056)

Well that just sucks. I was looking forward to it.

Good... loved the first one he did.. but that second one was 100% crap

Good... loved the first one he did.. but that second one was 100% crap

Agreed. Some things just don't need a sequel and his first one is one of those.

I don't think he'll ever be able to top House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. His films are extremely intense and Halloween II didn't feel that intense.

Agreed. Some things just don't need a sequel and his first one is one of those.

I don't think he'll ever be able to top House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. His films are extremely intense and Halloween II didn't feel that intense.

I never saw either of those.. I feel like I always planned to see House of 1000 Corpses. My issue with Halloween II was the whole ghost thing.. the mom and the horse. His Halloween remake just felt like a Halloween, loved the back story and even his casting for Loomis. Oh well, 1 less remake in this world certainly cant hurt.