• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• 6,724 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:12

I actually didn't have any problems playing ds2 on the pc. I don't remember it crashing on me.

i only had one problem with DS2, and that was I got it on a steam sale and had to wait like a week to play it because EA ran out of keys to give to steam to give to the people that bought the game

besides that the game ran fine for me

#17 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,454 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:21

Well, EA really knows how to tick off PC gamers. Crappy ports and micro-transactions are two of the most hated 'features', with only draconian DRM being more despised. I bought both the previous games but I'm not going to go anywhere near this one. Good job EA! (Y)

#18 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:27

I hear that.. brings "lazy console port" to a whole new level. Doesn't exactly scream "buy me." Shoot "pirate me" is just barely a whisper. DS2 ran ok for me though; only problems I had were chalked up to wonky (at the time) ATI drivers, long since fixed.

Dead Space 2 ran okay for me too. And from what I can remember, the PC version didn't feel like a console port. It's a damn shame they decided to go with a straight port for Dead Space 3. I think they could have made the PC version really good with Frostbite 2.

Is that just for DS3? I currently own DS 1&2 on Steam.

It only applies to Dead Space 3.

#19 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:38

It's an Origin exclusive so it won't be released on Steam. I wasn't too interested in this game before but with this news, I wouldn't buy it if it was on sale for $1.

I'l pay $0.25 for it. :p

#20 B0mberman

B0mberman

Silence is the key to Wisdom

• 5,202 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:40

Voting with my wallet by letting EA know they can stick it all the way ! Just boycott their crap...

#21 +imachip

imachip

Neowinian

• 1,031 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:46

Can't be as bad as Dark Souls, that was one of the worst ports I've seen in a long time. It looked beyond hideous on a PC.

Shame though, I thought things were quite positive for this series with all the backing and nice movie that came with it. I enjoyed the first and the sequel wasn't horrible either. Is it really that hard to engineer a game for a PC?

#22 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:56

It's an Origin exclusive so it won't be released on Steam. I wasn't too interested in this game before but with this news, I wouldn't buy it if it was on sale for $1.

HA! Even better, won't get it at all now.
I wonder what they will blame on it not selling well though?

Can't be as bad as Dark Souls, that was one of the worst ports I've seen in a long time. It looked beyond hideous on a PC.

Shame though, I thought things were quite positive for this series with all the backing and nice movie that came with it. I enjoyed the first and the sequel wasn't horrible either. Is it really that hard to engineer a game for a PC?

DSFix made what was a bad port into something worthwhile.

#23 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• 5,280 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 21:59

I'll buy it if I ever finish 2, but it is disappointing.

#24 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,957 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:09

I never had any performance issued with DS2 (brought through Steam)

#25 DETERMINOLOGY

DETERMINOLOGY

Neowinian

• 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 23:33

Still better with 60 frames per second/1080p on pc compared to 30 frames per second/720p upscaled..Not complaning even tho yes they could of made it not a console port but still better res/frames a a bit better detail..

#26 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• 21,358 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 24 January 2013 - 00:34

To be fair, Dark Souls was made because fans petitioned for it. The developers stated that they have no experience with making a PC game but at least they tried. Also, there's a fan-made fix that increases the game's rendering resolution and removes the 30 FPS limit.

It really is a shame. I had high hopes for Dead Space 3. I was excited when I found out it was using Frostbite 2 and I enjoyed watching the animated movie.

HA! Even better, won't get it at all now.
I wonder what they will blame on it not selling well though?

[...]

They should blame it on the fact that it's a simple console port.

Still better with 60 frames per second/1080p on pc compared to 30 frames per second/720p upscaled..Not complaning even tho yes they could of made it not a console port but still better res/frames a a bit better detail..

It's certainly not worth paying $60 USD though. It should be at least $40 USD.

#27 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

• 4,186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:28

Steering clear of this, Im not into shoddy ports

#28 mattmatik

mattmatik

formerly soLoredd

• 4,928 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52

I actually didn't have any problems playing ds2 on the pc. I don't remember it crashing on me.

Neither did I. Was actually really looking forward to DS3 and how the story evolves. Just seems like the series is in a tailspin in terms of what direction it wants to go.

Might pick up Far Cry 3 now.

#29 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,418 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:29

I've never really been a fan of the franchise, but wow. I wonder if (when) they'll blame piracy if there's a large backlash.

Why is it so difficult to make a proper port? How hard is it to make high rez textures and compress them for the consoles?

The funny thing is, they do that anyway. They're not even going to bother including higher resolution variants, they're just using the low res copies they made for consoles.

#30 f0rk_b0mb

f0rk_b0mb

Neowinian Senior

• 2,498 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 14:11

The funny thing is, they do that anyway. They're not even going to bother including higher resolution variants, they're just using the low res copies they made for consoles.

That's an epic fail on their part, then. It comes down to pure lazyness and greed. Thank for that information. :)