- You can't take the battery out. Why in the world can't the battery be taken out? What if my phone freezes and the buttons aren't responding? I'd have to wait until the battery drains to recharge it. The battery life is awesome though, but in this case it is pretty annoying.
- No additional memory slots???
- Shotty SIM card slot. Even though I didn't have problems with it in the beginning, I was worried about it simply due to the "looseness" feel of that little panel holding it in.
- The keyboard is a 5/10 overall. The big downer is that it doesn't have arrows to navigate the text you've just written. So when I want to go add a word mid-way through a paragraph, I either have to keep trying to press that magic spot on the screen between words, or I just touch the word next to it and retype. Difficult to explain, but I think 8X users would feel me on this.
- Phone randomly restarts whenever it wants to. I was browsing a forum on it yesterday and out of nowhere it started the shutdown process and told me "goodbye" . Then it proceeded to repeat this for the next 10 minutes. Luckily the 8X has a great loading time...which only got my hopes up for a few seconds before it told me "goodbye" again.
- Every time I unplug from the charging cable my SIM card goes "missing." A quick fix is to power the phone down and reboot. It only takes maybe 45 seconds to fully boot up, so no biggie right? Well, when I reboot the SIM card is apparently still on vacation. I try waiting, sometimes upwards to 30 minutes. No success. I reboot and repeat the previous steps until it starts working again.
- SIM card also goes "missing" randomly throughout the day.
- Those times my SIM card is not detected I cannot send text messages, make phone calls, or use any sort of application that requires data. I don't understand why everything must rely on my SIM card now? With my Thunderbolt I could yank the 4G SIM card out (worked, but Verizon refused to replace the phone...long story) and still text, browse the internet, etc. Granted it was only 1x...but I could still do it.
- This morning I woke up and checked my phone for messages. The back-lit touch buttons on the bottom were all lit up, but the phone was not responsive. Normally you could yank the battery out for a second and replace it and be fine. Well, I couldn't access the battery and none of the buttons wanted to do anything. So I just waited. Still hasn't changed.
Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
And here's some of the things I've experienced or see pretty often with friends:
http://forums.wpcent...hone-calls.html (this is one issue I have)
http://forums.wpcent...verizon-8x.html (same as above)