apple iphone ios

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BoredBozirini

BoredBozirini

Bozrini Tringuini

• 3,804 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 14:53

According to research firm Strategy Analytics, Apple overtook Samsung to become the No.1 phone vendor in the United States. The report shows that Apple sold 17.7 million iPhones in the quarter against 16.8 million for Samsung and 4.7 million from No. 3 LG.

That’s not smartphones. That’s phones. Samsung has been the No. 1 vendor for phones in the U.S. for 5 years. Apple’s sold more than one out of every three phones in the quarter in the U.S., a feat made even more remarkable when taken with the fact that Samsung and LG sell a great deal of feature phones and very inexpensive low-end smartphones.

Source

#2 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 14:56

I'm surprised Apple hasn't expanded their phone department into actually becoming a Provider themselves

Guess that wouldn't leave them with much to blame on anyone else then though

#3 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 13,042 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:46

Has become? :s I thought they always were (in the US). It's Europe and Asia is where they get no love.

I'm guessing Christmas sales is why though and they'll "fall back" to number 2 again in this quarter.

#4 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:49

Has become? :s I thought they always were (in the US). It's Europe and Asia is where they get no love.

I'm guessing Christmas sales is why though and they'll "fall back" to number 2 again in this quarter.

These things fluctuate all the time. And who knows, some other company made do a survey tomorrow and come up with different numbers.

#5 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,503 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 17:51

So what ? I'm still not going to buy an iPhone.

#6 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,642 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:23

So what ? I'm still not going to buy an iPhone.

Me either. I would go BB before iPhone. I am Android now, but WP would be my second choice, then BB, then a dumb phone.

#7 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,850 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 01 February 2013 - 18:45

that's what I thought too. I think the "news" is they are outselling everyone including the cheapo phones. :/ This is hardly surprising as Apple is selling a $0 iPhone on contract.

#8 javagreen

javagreen

Neowinian

• 1,444 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:17

That's unfortunate. Just more sheep in the herd, I suppose.

#9 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,461 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:41

Whoa Whoa Whoa!

how can this be with their stock market/value slip against Exxon?

I find this hard to believe...

#10 Rippleman

Rippleman

Neowinian Senior

• 3,998 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:47

wait, let me get this straight. You suggest we all should use Android? Wouldn't then the shift be android sheep? the sheep thing is drastically over used and often used when its not really sheep at all. I tried new Andoid Galaxy s2x, for a week i tried and after a week hated it and went back to my almost 3 year old iPhone 4. Would never use android again unless the implement a program like Jarvis.

#11 nekkidtruth

nekkidtruth

I'm sorry, do you still exist?

• 1,776 posts
  • Phone: Stock LG Nexus 5

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:50

wait, let me get this straight. You suggest we all should use Android? Wouldn't then the shift be android sheep? the sheep thing is drastically over used and often used when its not really sheep at all. I tried new Andoid Galaxy s2x, for a week i tried and after a week hated it and went back to my almost 3 year old iPhone 4. Would never use android again unless the implement a program like Jarvis.

Aka you tried not to be a "sheep", but couldn't resist being a sheep :p :shifty:

#12 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

• 2,695 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:50

These statistics are stupid. People don't understand much.
For one thing, there is only one Apple phone, the iPhone, so if you're an Apple fan, what are you going to buy... an iPhone.
Whereas with Android, there's hundred of different Android phones, so therefore the people that really wanted a Samsung Galaxy S but couldn't afford or get one, settled with something similar, whether it be another Samsung phone or completely different brand, such as LG, but there's many.
I have nothing against the iPhone at all, I'm just saying that of course they're going to be a big seller, cuz there's only one Apple phone.

#13 Active.

Active.

• 2,774 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:04

more sheep in the herd, I suppose.

I prefer alpacas in the herd, as in Applepacas.

Attached Images

• Alpaca_head.jpg

#14 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,322 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 13:10

These things fluctuate all the time. And who knows, some other company made do a survey tomorrow and come up with different numbers.

"Samsung has been the No. 1 vendor for phones in the U.S. for 5 years."

If uprooting the five year-king is fluctuating all the time, then I'm the pope.

:rolleyes:

These statistics are stupid. People don't understand much.
For one thing, there is only one Apple phone, the iPhone, so if you're an Apple fan, what are you going to buy... an iPhone.
Whereas with Android, there's hundred of different Android phones, so therefore the people that really wanted a Samsung Galaxy S but couldn't afford or get one, settled with something similar, whether it be another Samsung phone or completely different brand, such as LG, but there's many.
I have nothing against the iPhone at all, I'm just saying that of course they're going to be a big seller, cuz there's only one Apple phone.

This is comparing phones sold by Apple to phones sold by Samsung. Android has nothing to do with it, so I don't know why you brought that up.