Show us your Aquarium Setups

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:10

In this thread you may post pics of your Aquarium setups. Honestly it could be fish, turtles, frogs, snakes and etc :) I'm surprised no one made a thread for this guy of stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have 2 RES turtles. These photos are old and the turtles are much bigger now. I have plans to upgrade the setup with more rocks and adding moss.

#2 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,954 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28

Turtles are awesome.

I always mean to set-up an aquarium. Then I spend my money on other ****.

I love the sound of the water pumps at night. I find it relaxing.

#3 Xahid

Xahid

Anokha Neowinian

• 6,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:53

My Aquarium ...

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 2,029 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38

My Aquarium ...

If you think you're being funny.....you're not.

If you think you are succeeding in fooling people.....you're not.

#5 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,425 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:54

Wow!

Can't believe this has never been posted either!

I've had at least 1 aquarium most of my life, but, unfortunately do not have one now. :(

Very relaxing to set and watch them. Maybe this will give me the incentive to setup another one. Might even try a salt water aquarium this time.

#6 OP freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59

Wow!

Can't believe this has never been posted either!

I've had at least 1 aquarium most of my life, but, unfortunately do not have one now. :(

Very relaxing to set and watch them. Maybe this will give me the incentive to setup another one. Might even try a salt water aquarium this time.

haha Yeah I know. Why did you get rid of it if you dont mind me asking? Like compl3x said its very relaxing and nice to watch..

Watch this vide got me serious about putting some effort on my tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI3ETCh-abM

This one is simply jaw dropping :woot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCMe-bu4-tk

#7 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,959 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:07

haha Yeah I know. Why did you get rid of it if you dont mind me asking? Like compl3x said its very relaxing and nice to watch..

So watching trapped and bored animals just swimming around in confoned space is relaxing? You actually watch them bore to death. These are animals that like to swim out in the open, not confoned to 4 walled glass for human gratification.

#8 OP freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:13

So watching trapped and bored animals just swimming around in confoned space is relaxing? You actually watch them bore to death. These are animals that like to swim out in the open, not confoned to 4 walled glass for human gratification.

...who the hell is this? The pet police? :rolleyes:

#9 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,140 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Note ICS

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:22

Great idea! Ill take some fresh photos of my setups today and get them up :)

#10 OP freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

• 2,370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:26

Great idea! Ill take some fresh photos of my setups today and get them up :)

awesome! Cant wait to see! I'm going to take some new photos once I redo my current setup. Need more basking space lol

#11 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:30

I disagree, if a tanks setup right the inhabitants do not mind the invisible confines, rarely swimming up and down the perimeter glass, they go about their business, in their groups filter feeding through the sand or swimming and resting under lush natural plants from their natural habitat, definitely not bored or stressed, their colours bright n vibrant which only happens when everythings just peachy for them (including stress levels).

A lot of the species fishkeepers kept in the right conditions actually help with conservation, a lot of us successfully breed certain species to allow re-introduction into their natural habitat. If an aquarium is set up correctly and the right habitats set up for the species kept, the life expenctancy actually is longer than in the wild, if they are "bored to death" why do they have a much longer lifespan that would ever be possible in the wild (without their natural predators)?

#12 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,195 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:40

Also certain fish actually have a lot more room in a aquarium than in their natural habitat. specifically "puddle jumpers"

#13 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:06

Main tank lights not on yet, so meantime heres my recently setup 30Ltr tank with Endlers livebearers, a week in and I have 9 wee babies :D

Posted Image

Main Amazonian Biotope tank lighting is still off, will take pics once the lightings on. Meanwhile heres a poor pic of it few weeks back, my plants are a lot more lush now :)
We also keep a pair of crested geckos in a Terrerium, you reckon that counts?

Posted Image

My feeding routine for the plants n steady light cycles are the key to lush growth. All echindorus plant species in main tank.

8 hours lighting twin T5 Nature with reflectors.
30 mins before lights off add Easy Carbo (liquid carbon replacement) 2ml per litre. (25ml dose)
biweekly feed of Seachem Flourish. (10ml per week)
Seachem plant tabs in substrate.

#14 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• 972 posts
  • Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:13

Just as I'm trying to resist getting a new aquarium this thread emerges out of nowhere... You've all got some amazing setups there, I can't wait to get into it again! I used to have Malawi cichlids in a 200L Juwel tank, but haven't had any since moving to the UK. :D

#15 Mando

Mando

Neowinian Senior

• 2,140 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:27

do it Jub do it, you know you want to, I think londons hard alkaline water, so youd be perfect for another Malawi setup :)
A Rio 180 full setup with stand n all fittings should be around £300ish here in the UK.

Im lucky where i am the waters Ph 6.4 out the tap GH8ish n nice n soft, add tap water condition and boom all sorted, perfect for my South Americans.