8 Retailers That Will Close the Most Stores

usa e-commerce competition tech retailers wal-marts

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 20:45

Retail stores are not the same as, for instance, CompUSA. Best Buy and RadioShack are rip offs because they're hugely cost inefficient. So if my choices are being ripped off for some convenience, then yes, I will gladly wait 1-3 days. What will end up happening is online distributors will open up outlet stores to compliment their online presence.

Sometimes a customer will not wait that long.

#17 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 02 February 2013 - 20:45

Retail stores are not the same as, for instance, CompUSA. Best Buy and RadioShack are rip offs because they're hugely cost inefficient. So if my choices are being ripped off for some convenience, then yes, I will gladly wait 1-3 days. What will end up happening is online distributors will open up outlet stores to compliment their online presence.

yeah I avoid wal-mart like the plague. scary place.

but also if I need one right away... if I'm going on a trip and my sd does n;t work or I need more space really quick... I wanna grab one, throw my music and vids on it, stick it in my phone, then go...

#18 +Bryan R.

Bryan R.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,608 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 20:51

Try buying anything at Wal*Mart that was made in The USA.

That, to me, is an entirely different discussion. The morality of WalMart is without a doubt terrible but the huge company that they are is not inherently bad. They just do everything possible thing to save a buck and trample out competition. They are the pinnacle of capitalism.

Sometimes a customer will not wait that long.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for retail stores, we just don't "need" more of them. CompUSA should expand their presence, and I feel Amazon will take advantage of their power in the internet space to bring convenience to their customers who can't wait. Again, there's a difference between Best Buy and CompUSA.

#19 hagjohn

hagjohn

Neowinian Senior

• 2,126 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Yellow 1020 w/ 8.1

Posted 02 February 2013 - 20:58

Most of those companies were dying for a long while now. I'm not surprised.

#20 Order_66

Order_66

Neowinian Senior

• 1,505 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 21:03

the biggest problem with best buy is management. do these guys hire their family members as store managers? because whoever manages these places has no business doing so. I was at best buy the other day,and their car audio stations weren't working,speakers were ripped out, stereos on display missing or have broken parts.

tvs looking atrocious because the settings are not correct.

computers and laptops frozen,or not working, or no power.

no wonder theyre shutting down.

Has it always been like that? perhaps they know the end is near and don't care anymore, could be why everything is in disarray.

I know at some places the employees and managers have been trying to tell upper management about some real glaring issues for the past few years and nobody listens to them, now they are looking at looking their jobs because nobody listened to them, I don't blame them for their grief.

Prime example, why would a large chain of stores continue to purchase certain computers that nobody wants? some of these stores literally have mountains of these computers in their warehouses with more coming in every week, they just keep piling up and nobody is buying them, managers have been complaining to their superiors for well over a month and these computers just keep rolling in for no good reason, millions of dollars just sitting there idle and sucking up inventory cost.

#21 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 21:09

That, to me, is an entirely different discussion. The morality of WalMart is without a doubt terrible but the huge company that they are is not inherently bad. They just do everything possible thing to save a buck and trample out competition. They are the pinnacle of capitalism.

I'm not saying there isn't a place for retail stores, we just don't "need" more of them. CompUSA should expand their presence, and I feel Amazon will take advantage of their power in the internet space to bring convenience to their customers who can't wait. Again, there's a difference between Best Buy and CompUSA.

There are no CompUSA stores around me. There are two Best Buy's and their lots are full every time I drive by. I only get canned air and such from these places. Maybe they will have a going out of business sale? :)