1. Pink Grapefruit Juice for Smoother Skin

Pink grapefruit gets its pink-red hue from lycopene, a carotenoid that'll keep your skin smooth.

2. Alcohol to Ward Off Alzheimer's Disease

Drinking alcohol--moderately, which is one glass a day for women and two daily for men--may ward off dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

3. Cocoa for a Healthier Heart

Rich in flavanols that help preserve the healthy function of blood vessels.

4. Beet Juice to Beat Dementia

Beets are rich in naturally occurring nitrates, which--unlike unhealthy artificial nitrates found in processed meat--may be beneficial.

5. Green Tea to Quell Inflammation

Green tea is full of potent antioxidants that help quell inflammation. (Chronic inflammation plays a significant role--as either a cause or effect--in many diseases, including type 2 diabetes, autoimmune diseases and the three top killers in the United States: heart disease, cancer and stroke.)

6. Soymilk for Firm Skin and Fewer Wrinkles

The isoflavones in soymilk may help to preserve skin-firming collagen.

7. Milk to Build Muscle Mass and Strength

The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle--and one amino acid, called leucine, is particularly good at turning on your body's muscle-building machinery.

8. Carrot Juice for Memory

Carrots contain luteolin, a flavonoid believed to reduce inflammation that can lead to cognitive decline.

9. Coffee to Protect Against Skin Cancer

Drinking a single cup of coffee daily may lower your risk of developing skin cancer.

10. Water for Better Breath

Water keeps your throat and lips moist and prevents your mouth from feeling dry. Dry mouth can cause bad breath and/or an unpleasant taste.

11. Orange Juice for Eye Health

Studies show that people with low levels of antioxidants are more likely to develop age-related macular degeneration (AMD) than those with higher levels. (AMD is the leading cause of blindness in people over age 60.) Vitamin C--which is abundant in orange juice--is one antioxidant that seems to be especially protective against the disease.

full article

• Like 2

Drinking alcohol--moderately, which is one glass a day for women and two daily for men--may ward off dementia and Alzheimer's disease.

It's not working here. :p

So can I just put all 11 liquids in a blender, then drink them at once ... ? :huh:

so, why can't they mix it together to creates all-in-one anti-aging drinks ?

These ingredients can't be mixed to create one super cocktail because 1) some of them conflict with each other like milk and alcohol, for example; 2) mixing just any two of them can potentially eliminate the advantageous properties of both substances.

Anyways, I give the author of list a D+.

• 4 months later...

Alcohol is an anti-aging drink: women look younger and more attractive the more wasted you get. I am sure it also works in the reverse for women.

I don't think drinking alcohol daily can save you from any disease, it will become a habbit that is injerious to our health.

I have never became addicted to alcohol or caffeine, or much of anything.

I don't think drinking alcohol daily can save you from any disease, it will become a habbit that is injerious to our health.

Don't be so ridiculous. I drink when I feel like it - it is far from habitual or addictive and has never caused me any concern.

This whole "If you drink you will become a drunk" hogswash is so bloody annoying!

• Like 2

Wow, i'm set. Every morning I have an espresso coffee mixed with coco and creamer and whip cream. I have the most delicious home made mocha every morning!. Maybe that's why I look so young!

Wait, what is this doing in Science Discussion & News? This is pseudoscience.

^ Why is that ?

Did you read the full article ?

This is based on science research, not pulled out of thin air.

By Brierley Wright, M.S., R.D.

Brierley Wright

Brierley's interest in nutrition and food come together in her position as nutrition editor at EatingWell. Brierley holds a master's degree in Nutrition Communication from the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University. A Registered Dietitian, she completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Vermont.