54 posts in this topic

Posted

Evasi0n Jailbreak Will Be Available For Download On Monday, February 4 [uPDATE x1]

Release date of the upcoming iOS 6.x untethered jailbreak has just been confirmed by the official Twitter account of the team Evad3rs. It

Posted

Nice! Been waiting for this! :D

I was just wondering though, how do I backup my Cydia apps and tweaks before updating to iOS 6 and then jailbreaking? Currently using iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad 3rd generation.

Posted

took them 4 and half month after iOS 6 is released??

they will only get harder to jailbreak in future.

Posted

took them 4 and half month after iOS 6 is released??

they will only get harder to jailbreak in future.

They probably had found the exploit months ago (there are photos that show Cydia installed on iPhone 5s from months ago that have leaked out). Clearly they were specifically waiting until the 6.1 update because historically that has always been the significant one at cleaning out all the bugs from the initial release. Same thing happened with iOS 5. If they released early then Apple would have closed the exploit up in the most significant bug patch.

But, you are probably right that it will "only get harder to jailbreak in the future". It is a cat and mouse game.

If Apple truely wanted to be a pain in the ass for jailbreakers (beyond the cat and mouse game), they could put more detection mechanisms of a jailbreak into iOS in order to lock the user down and mark their iOS device as no longer eligible for warranty support. There are other apps out there that easily detect if a device is jailbroken and then refuse to work (such as the DirecTV app for iOS). It really makes me laugh because these developers are concerned that someone may use a jailbroken iOS device to rip video content... yeah... why the hell would someone use an iPad for that when they can use their PC?

Posted

I thought they were going to release a jailbreak earlier but they waited for 6.1 just in case apple patches the vulnerabilities

Posted

PSA: Probably a good idea to get your 6.1 SHSH Blobs saved even if you do not intend to jailbreak (or are not going to Jailbreak soon).

I suspect we will get a 6.1.1 update after the Jailbreak is released and Apple will stop signing 6.1.0. Don't miss this window of opportunity to download your 6.1 SHSH Blob (use TinyUmbrella, does not require that you are already jailbroken).

2 people like this

Posted

I was just wondering though, how do I backup my Cydia apps and tweaks before updating to iOS 6 and then jailbreaking? Currently using iOS 5.1.1 on an iPad 3rd generation.

this is what you'll want http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/03/how-to-backup-restore-jailbreak-iphone-apps.html

Posted (edited)

Nice. Using GDocs to share.

Edited by Nas

Posted

agreed with Shadrack, make sure you backup your SHSH Blobs.

Can't wait for the jailbreak to come!! Going to do my iP5 and my iPad Mini.

also yes they have had the ability to jailbreak for a while now, but was waiting for the 6.1 release

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it okay to share the link here?

Posted

oh man, so when it comes out, someone post a mirror.. Just found out my work blocks evasi0n.com

Posted

It's OUT!!!!!!!

http://evasi0n.com

Is it okay to share the link here?

Jailbreaking iOS and installing Mac OS X on non-Apple hardware are not considered taboo subjects here. Downloading and installing pirated software on any platform are taboo.

I'm at work the rest of the day and can't get to JBing until I get home later this evening. It would really help me if someone would post whether or not the BiteSMS update is iPhone 5 "optimized" (not letterboxed). If not, I may wait to JB until it is.

oh man, so when it comes out, someone post a mirror.. Just found out my work blocks evasi0n.com

Here you are:

Edit: lets try that again

Windows:

SHA1: 2ff288e1798b4711020e9dd7f26480e57704d8b2

Mac OS X:

SHA1: 23f99a0d65e71fd79ff072b227f0ecb176f0ffa8

1 person likes this

Posted

iPhone 4S and iPad Mini are done!

Posted

Does anyone know if a sound profile app exists...basically like the sound profile capabilities of the blackberry. This really would be the only reason I would JB my iPhone.

Posted

NICE !! Done on iPhone 5 !! Man I am so gitty.. forgot how much I missed seeing that Cydia icon on my screen !! lol

Posted

man, i got jailbroken already but Cydia is getting slammed right now so i can't get anything installed :(

1 person likes this

Posted

man, i got jailbroken already but Cydia is getting slammed right now so i can't get anything installed :(

Yep same here.. 500 Errors, everywhere :)

But on the plus side, iPad Mini is now DONE.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eeek! Thanks for the heads up. I was about to JB my iPhone 5 at work during my lunch break but now I think I'll hold off until later this evening. Hopefully things "calm down" by then.

Posted

Yeah, all repos are getting hammered. I got it jailbroken easily, but getting anything installed is a different story! :p

Posted

can't even get something as small as openssh to install right now :rofl:

Posted

lol hammered eh :p

Well hopefully it should all be calm by the time I get back from work tonight.

Posted

wow.. slammed is not the word.. Heck Planetbeing said he bought the 2TB plan for his repo stuff and all, and went through 1TB in 10 mins.

https://twitter.com/...478383375986688

See how many people wanted this huh?

Posted

So what are some good apps I should get?

Posted

So what are some good apps I should get?

http://jaxov.com/2012/10/cracked-cydia-sources-2013/

The first ones I am getting when the servers are stable are:

BiteSMS, Unlimtones, SBSettings, Winterboard with the Ayecon theme

Posted

soooo ****ed off right now, updated to 6.1, and was ready to restore and do the jailbreak only find itunes has deleted all of my backups, every single sodding one. which is made worse by the fact that windows 8 doesnt have shadow copies automatically enabled like win7. Thankfully i havent lost everything, just my messages and app settings. But seriously come May im jumping ship to galaxy s4, had enough of apple now