• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:48

Hey,

I am looking to get a cheap, but as good as can be in-ear headphones. These would be used for music and maybe calls sometimes, mainly music.

I had a pair of Skullcandies before which sounded pretty good to me, but after not even that long they died, one ear stopped working, would have to fiddle with the cable to kinda get it to work.

Looking for something under $30 at best, most would be $50. Something that sounds alright (I'm no audiophile) and will last me longer then a year.

Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks.

#2 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:52

Can't go wrong with sennheiser CX300 but since you want to also be able to make calls then im not sure.

#3 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:53

Can't go wrong with sennheiser CX300 but since you want to also be able to make calls then im not sure.

Truth is, not important lol

But those are a bit too expensive, if no other options then of course they are good.

#4 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:55

then as i said Can't go wrong with a pair of CX300s good clear sound and nice deep bass where it's needed also just to add i've had mine for over 3 years now the only thing you may need to buy later is new buds.

http://www.amazon.co...nnheiser+300+cx currently $29.90 which is right under budget!

(Sorry didn't notice it was CAD not USD but still i think you could order from the US and get them for under CAD$40 )

#5 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:58

I did find someone selling them on ebay for $30 shipped, with 100% feedback, so I think I found my headphones. (They are actually the second version, number 2)

Thanks man.

If anyone still wants to make suggestions, they are welcome.

#6 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:04

The ones I found is version 2, but all the reviews aren't good. People saying the cable gets damaged easily (which is a big thing for me, since thats the cause of my dead ones).

It's kinda mixed.

#7 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:08

yeah the cables are a little grippy it's like they used recycled pirellis to coat them but i've given mine a bit of a beating and they're still good as the day i got them.

#8 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:09

Finding more reviews, and for running they are horrible for a couple reasons, which one main thing I want them for. So I guess I have to keep looking.

Any more ideas (I do like sennheiser stuff though, but I don't think they do in-ear stuff good for everything)

#9 Mindovermaster

Mindovermaster

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:10

I love Altec Lansing ear buds. These are the ones I have: http://www.amazon.co...buds cancelling

You can get a different pair for a fair price. I got mine refurbished of 1saleaday.com for $8 or something.

#10 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:23

Well at the moment it's between the Sennheiser CX300 2, the MEElectonrics M6 or the Altec Lansing Uhp106.

Yes I know those aren't the Altecs you mentioned, but I couldn't find those for sale anymore.

#11 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24

Do you want cheap (quality and soundwise) or quality ones at a cheap price? If you can't answer that, just get whatever Monster brand has at Best Buy. :D

Not sure what they cost CDN, Yamaha EPH-20BL In-Ear Headphone $30 US http://www.guitarcen...817-i1540574.gc

#12 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:25

That is a stupid question? Of course I want the best quality sound, for a cheap price. But I only can afford so much...so...

#13 giantpotato

giantpotato

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:28

Even if you buy another brand, RMA your skullcandies. They have a lifetime warranty. At least you'll have a backup pair of earphones.

#14 CrashGordon

CrashGordon

The Perfect Threesome: Lime, Salt & Tequila

• Phone: Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV through a Fender Rumble 150. Can ya hear me now?

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:34

That is a stupid question? Of course I want the best quality sound, for a cheap price. But I only can afford so much...so...

Is it? Most want cheap crap at cheap prices.

Soooo. if this helps more. Amazon reviews of them: http://www.amazon.co...iews/B003CP0KCS

Bottom line, buy what you want, it's YOUR money. Like most things you get what you pay for. Spend it now or again a year later... your choice.

#15 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:40

Even if you buy another brand, RMA your skullcandies. They have a lifetime warranty. At least you'll have a backup pair of earphones.

Did not know that, is a receipt required? Becuase I don't have that lol