Photo

Orbis Devkit and Controller Picture Leaked

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:05

What about your right thumb, since, you know, it's the same distance and all.

The position of the right stick is mostly irrelevant since it's only used for the occasional minor camera tweak and not for all movement.

#62 Boxster17

Boxster17

Porsche Enthusiast

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:14

The position of the right stick is mostly irrelevant since it's only used for the occasional minor camera tweak and not for all movement.

FPS games, or just about any shooter would disagree. While these types wouldn't account for all games released, they are likely the most popular of this gen.

#63 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:17

FPS games, or just about any shooter would disagree. While these types wouldn't account for all games released, they are likely the most popular of this gen.

I deliberately ignored those as any proper gamer knows those don't work(in an enjoyable manner) on a gamepad in the first place

#64 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:09

As a proper gamer, I play and enjoy FPS games on both PC and console. so no you're wrong. I think you confused proper gamer with "in my personal opinion and experience with not bothering to ever learn to play FPS games with a controller".

Mouse is better in some way, BUT in some ways the controller is actually better as well.

#65 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:20

I have plenty of experience with console shooters from before i had a pc capable of gaming very well, back in the ps2 era. Seeing as how the controls haven't changed one bit since then it's still correct to say fps games on a controller are slow, inaccurate, and often a pain to play.

#66 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48

FPS play OK with any controller.... but they definitely play the way meant to be played with a Keyboard +Mouse.

#67 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:34

I have plenty of experience with console shooters from before i had a pc capable of gaming very well, back in the ps2 era. Seeing as how the controls haven't changed one bit since then it's still correct to say fps games on a controller are slow, inaccurate, and often a pain to play.

you're still forgetting they "my opinion" thing.
Millions of people enjoy FPS games on BOTH console and PC.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!