Photo

So apps need to be optimized for surface pro?

surface pro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AndyD

AndyD

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:48

I'm just getting around to messing with my Surface. I installed Chrome since it's my preferred browser and keep all my devices in sync

I can barely use it with my fingers. IE works flawlessly. Chrome I need to repeatedly use the same action to get it to recognize the action. This is to be expected? If so, I can't imagine keeping the Surface if I have to worry about regular apps not working properly with the touch screen

#2 Dutchie64

Dutchie64

Neowinian

• Phone: WP8.1

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:05

use the pen Luke.... use the pen...... ;-)

#3 OP AndyD

AndyD

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 February 2013 - 13:07

No that doesn't help. I've since learned that Google needs to update Chrome to work properly. If launched through Metro ui, it'll work properly. Through desktop, not so much

#4 tim_s

tim_s

• Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 17 February 2013 - 13:45

Probably find that it is the same results if you launch IE from the desktop vs metro.

#5 OP AndyD

AndyD

Neowinian Senior

Posted 17 February 2013 - 14:10

Actually not at all. IE works as expected. It's Chrome.

#6 Dutchie64

Dutchie64

Neowinian

• Phone: WP8.1

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:41

Google and MS don't wanna play with each other anymore.

So either go with Google or go with MS, using both at the same time will only get you headaches later on......

#7 rfirth

rfirth

Software Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 620

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:56

I'm just getting around to messing with my Surface. I installed Chrome since it's my preferred browser and keep all my devices in sync

I can barely use it with my fingers. IE works flawlessly. Chrome I need to repeatedly use the same action to get it to recognize the action. This is to be expected? If so, I can't imagine keeping the Surface if I have to worry about regular apps not working properly with the touch screen

That's normal. Google Chrome is just TERRIBLE on touch devices [Windows version, at least]. It's not optimized for touch at all. I have a 25 inch multitouch screen and it's even terrible on that. They made a number of design decisions that just don't work, and they haven't done much to fix it.

But no, you won't have to worry about other programs not working well... they will work just fine.