washington legal challenges right and wrong juvenile hall

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 15:26

^ I don't know where the myth comes from that all parents have the time or training to guide & monitor every aspect of their children's life.

Many parents are working hard just to pay the bills, or looking desperately for work.

In many cases, parents are single.

Many who have children are themselves not able, mentally or physically, to raise kids.

Sadly, not every child is not going to get the one-on-one care that they need.

#17 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,354 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 18 February 2013 - 15:40

^ I don't know where the myth comes from that all parents have the time or training to guide & monitor every aspect of their children's life.

Many parents are working hard just to pay the bills, or looking desperately for work.

In many cases, parents are single.

Many who have children are themselves not able, mentally or physically, to raise kids.

Sadly, not every child is not going to get the one-on-one care that they need.

Of course. But those kind of families are not the majority.
And what can teachers do? Do YOU feel comfortable with teachers discipline your kids in school? No?
It's not excuses after excuses. Someone has to take the responsibility. And it has to be the parents, period. It's the sad reality of parenting.

Going back to your "banning school" post I replied to, how does that work if parents have no time for their kids as you described? Do you see how ridiculous "banning school" sounds?