maryland sears valley mall access ramp

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 19:41

HAGERSTOWN, MD (AP) — The Washington County Sheriff’s Department says a suspected shoplifter is dead and another man is recovering after a head-on crash during a police chase on Interstate 81 near Hagerstown.

Sheriff Douglas Mullendore told The Herald-Mail that the crash Thursday claimed the life of David Adams, 58, of Hagerstown.

Mullendore says Adams was suspected of stealing clothing from a Sears store at Valley Mall and left the shopping center driving a vehicle that had been reported stolen. Authorities gave chase, with Adams ultimately going the wrong way up a highway access ramp.

Mullendore says Adams’ hit a Volkswagen SUV driven by Richard McGrath, 61, of Smithsburg.

Adams had been released from jail in November after serving 10 months for vehicle theft.

source

Attached Images

• wrongway.jpg

#2 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,436 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 19:42

HA! That'll Teach him!

#3 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 19:48

It seems he didn't want to go back to prison.

#4 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:06

Sheriff’s deputies said the nature of the call was similar to an individual who was in the Sears stealing items Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, police said.

Deputies arrived at Sears and the man, who had stolen clothing, dropped the items in the parking lot, Mullendore said.

http://www.herald-ma...0,6218861.story

Shoplifting 3 days in a row ? :huh: Must have been building up his Spring wardrobe ....

#5 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,446 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:25

I hope the role of the police in the crash is going to be investigated, as all too often such incidents are the result of aggressive pursuits. Police pursuits shouldn't increase the risk to other motorists and pedestrians. It's why most countries don't pursue suspects as aggressively as the US.

#6 Nogib

Nogib

Neowinian

• 607 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:28

Justice has been served! It is very simple really, if you want to live, don't commit crimes.

#7 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,955 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:38

There's nothing just about taking lives for petty crime.

#8 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:45

There's nothing just about taking lives for petty crime.

The only life that was taken was the shoplifters. I have no sympathy for an ex con that continues to break the law. It was his own doing that caused his death.

#9 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,540 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 20:45

He was stealing, for a few days in a row, scumbag deserved everything he brought on himself.

#10 COKid

COKid

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:03

Spot on, theyarecomingforyou. Yes, Adams was driving a stolen car, but this was a totally unnecessary death. I hardly feel he "deserved" to die for stealing a car and shoplifting. Did Richard McGrath deserve to be injured over such a minor crime? Jeez, the suspect took some clothing and a car. He would have been caught eventually, as he most certainly should have been in jail, but his crimes did not warrant an aggressive chase that put innocent folks at risk. Stupid.

Chris Dorner deserved to die. This bloke didn't.

#11 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:07

Spot on, theyarecomingforyou. Yes, he was driving a stolen car, but this was a totally unnecessary death. I hardly feel he "deserved" to die for stealing a car and shoplifting. Did Richard McGrath deserve to be injured over such a minor crime? When compared to more serious offenses, I mean. Jeez, he took some clothing and a car. He would have been caught eventually, as he most certainly should have been in jail, but his crimes did not warrant an aggressive chase that put innocent folks at risk. Stupid.

Chris Dorner deserved to die. This bloke didn't.

This perp was a habitual thief, I have no mercy for these type of people.

#12 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,446 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:30

He was stealing, for a few days in a row, scumbag deserved everything he brought on himself.

What a ridiculous statement. What he deserved was to be apprehended and dealt the appropriate punishment for the crime. I know that incidents involving police chases are thoroughly investigated here in the UK - in fact there was such an incident earlier this week and an independent investigation has already begun.

I honestly think some of the people on these forums would be more at home in Saudi Arabia, where they cut off your hand if you're found guilty of thievery and stone you to death for adultery. All I know is that such ridiculous opinions are out of place in western society.

#13 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,540 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:37

What a ridiculous statement. What he deserved was to be apprehended and dealt the appropriate punishment for the crime. I know that incidents involving police chases are thoroughly investigated here in the UK - in fact there was such an incident earlier this week and an independent investigation has already begun.

I honestly think some of the people on these forums would be more at home in Saudi Arabia, where they cut off your hand if you're found guilty of thievery and stone you to death for adultery. All I know is that such ridiculous opinions are out of place in western society.

In your mind they may be out of place, but I know of no-one that would cry a single tear for this person. I do not say that thieves deserve to die, but if they are stealing and then run (in a stolen vehicle), then they deserve all they get - whether it be arrest, or death by dangerous driving (their own driving).

#14 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:39

He started the chase, he did not have to steal the car and run. He and he alone is responsible for his death.

#15 x-scratch

x-scratch

whaaaaaaaat

• 2,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 21:45

well he wanted that darwin award & he got it