iTunes in Windows 8

Im pretty sure I downloaded the 64bit version, but somehow I managed to start iTunes after this and it said I could not connect my iphone because the installed version was not 64bit. Kinda weird cause the download link I clicked said 64bit version. I better try one more time!

Yes, at least it says so in My Computer >> Properties

I will try run it in compatibility mode for windows7 and see what happens

judging that you've had a similar error message for 2 very different pieces of software it sounds to me like your windows installer has bugged out (which is a PITA to fix sometimes)

Is your Windows installation up to date?

Try to download and install the Visual C++ 2005 and Visual C++ 2010 redistributables from microsoft.com and try to install it again.

You can use the link in my signature and download a customized iTunes installer to try as well.

kinda weird. I need this one to bakcup my iphone

Out of curiosity...why do you need it to backup your iphone? Why not just use icloud? I use icloud for backup and cannot actually remember the last time I used itunes for anything.

I gets errors still even with these installed. Also with the customized itunes installer

I wasnt sure how the icloud worked. Does it backup the songs I bought in iTunes too ?

Try this:

Open regedit go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS and remove PendingXmlIdentifier, NextQueueEntryIndex, AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SideBySide\Winners\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\WINNER\Components\x86_policy.8.0.microsoft.vc80 & vc90 entries.

Then run services.msc and set "Windows Module Installer" to auto and restart it. Reboot.

Source: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/228f31ca-c6ea-4065-b194-fca208d1af82/

Then uninstall iTunes, install that VC2005 link I provided you earlier, and reinstall iTunes.

I gets errors still even with these installed. Also with the customized itunes installer

I wasnt sure how the icloud worked. Does it backup the songs I bought in iTunes too ?

Any purchase, app or song, is remembered by itunes and is able to re-download again from the itunes server. So it's not 'backed up' per say but rather the system remembers your settings and then just re-downloads when needed. What is backed up to icloud is pics, sms/imessages, call history, and ios device settings. Also any app that uses icloud can back up their settings to it.

Try this:

Source: http://social.techne...4-fca208d1af82/

Then uninstall iTunes, install that VC2005 link I provided you earlier, and reinstall iTunes.

Thanks, but I cant find the COMPONENTS folder in the regedit. I did the rest and installed the vc2005 thing, but got the same error message. :s

Edit> I found the components now, but not the winner folder.