What Software Can Do This?

MS Paint. If you're really good at painting. Just kidding.

I'm not sure, but I really can't see anything being able to do that.

Doesn't look like there's enough of the picture there for anything to fix.

Probably was false advertising if something said that could be done.

I could be wrong though. Am interested to find out though.

Edit- After looking at the picture more, they aren't even the same.

Maybe the kid is, but not the same background and not even the same clothes.

Definitely fake.

Wow, you talk about a magic sharpening tool!

Unfortunately such an app or filter does not exist. Spending tedious time in PS you could achieve these results but not with a simple filter.

Regards

Re colorizing is technically possible with photoshop. But it's a very long and tedious job

That picture though Os completely fake as has been pointed out, the lighting is also wrong and makes the kid look partly 3d rendered, badly.

Ah now I see what makes the arms look weird, they're completely wrong, and probably are done in 3d or something. They are too skinny, and have a defined fold in the joint they shouldn't have.

Technically it's a fake but the picture is that badly damaged all the person did was keep the babies head and replaced everything else.

Also there are no filters that can do that.

I thnik only the head could be salvaged. All the rest is recomposed using a kid's portrait then copied and pasted.

With time and patience you could even do this using photoshop elements or an equivalent.

Cut the head off convert in grayscale, fixe the missing part (extrapolate) then add colored layers.

i remember this recolored picture:

Colorized_Photos_11.jpg

• Like 1

My god that is an ugly kid

:laugh:

I thnik only the head could be salvaged. All the rest is recomposed using a kid's portrait then copied and pasted.

With time and patience you could even do this using photoshop elements or an equivalent.

Cut the head off convert in grayscale, fixe the missing part (extrapolate) then add colored layers.

i remember this recolored picture:

Colorized_Photos_11.jpg

I'd love to be able to do that, just fixed up an old photo of the gf's nanna and granddad and was thinking it would look great if I could colour it

How difficult would it be to learn how to do the above to a photo ?

It's not difficult, just time consuming.

You need to greyscale it, mask out each part that's a different color, and use various methods of re coloring. Overlays or tints or whatever.

• 1 month later...

My god that is an ugly kid

Alien mix baby ... ? :laugh:

I thought the before & after pictures got reversed.

He's not that funny looking! It's just oddly retouched. Cute kid, looks kinda like my nephew.

Anyway, while I don't know of some magical filter that could automatically do this, I wouldn't call it a fake. It's certainly possible to do retouching of this degree.

As someone else likely said, just crop the head, touch up, attach to another kid's body. Or keep the head and retouch it, find a new shirt and background, then retouch what's left over.

Haha that is an atrocious fake! The only way to try and get it looking like that would be to rebuild the missing parts, determine the colours that are different and need colourisation, merge new textures/masks and clean up some of the grain.