15 posts in this topic

Posted

A team of researchers led by Melba Ketchum, a Texas veterinarian, claims to have not only conclusively proven the existence of Bigfoot through genetic testing, but also that the mysterious monster is a half-human hybrid, the result of mating with modern human females about 15,000 years ago.

Ketchum

Posted

[quote]Ketchum

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1361148854' post='595527620']
Gee, I wonder why?
[/quote]
Because of this: "Ketchum sees her research as an important first step in obtaining legal status for Bigfoot, which she believes are an undiscovered Native American population.".

Posted

Not very 'scientific' to not look at the evidence.

A lot of people will have egg on their faces should this unknown primate be captured. ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

Without peer-review scientific research is meaningless. And if I recall correctly in order to get this paper published they had to actually buy a scientific journal and rename it, so this one doesn't pass the sniff-test.

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1361149431' post='595527652']Not very 'scientific' to not look at the evidence.[/quote]

Scientists [i]are[/i] willing to look at the evidence but it has to meet certain criteria, which this research clearly didn't.

PS - This should be in the conspiracy section.

Posted

^ Why ? No one is conspiring unless you say the science community is.

Cryptozoology is a legitimate study, and it would not be the first time an unknown creature was found to be quite real.

If DNA isn't worth examining, I don't know what is.

Posted

How do we know this DNA evidence is real?

Posted

^ How about the experts [i]look[/i] at it ?

The scientific thing to do is track this down and prove or disprove it one way or another.

Assuming that something can't possibly exist is the worst kind of 'science'.

Posted

I honestly find it hard to believe there could ever be an undiscovered animal of this size living in the US, even less in a population of "family units". How can things of probably near-human size just live in a place undiscovered, without ever travelling to inhabited areas.

Seriously, the people who believe in stuff like this should be classified with people who don't believe in evolution. I think we should call those people "ignorant fools" or something similar :p

Posted

^ Only fools ignore possible evidence. ;)

So-called bigfoots have been seen in inhabited areas.

They tend to live as far apart from humans as they can -- which seems very sensible.

And because something doesn't neatly fit into the theory of 'evolution' is no reason to not take a look at it.

[color=#8b4513][i]Nearly 2,500 years ago an expedition from the Phoenician merchant city of Carthage to western coasts of Africa accidentally discovered a group of wild gorillas. Upon first encountering gorillas, African locals shared their name for the great ape with him

Posted

Another reason this thread is full of Bigfoot Dung

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1361148505' post='595527598']

Ketchum

Posted

[CODE]
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2013/02/15/bigfoot-dna-results-does-anyone-care
[/CODE]

[size=3][color=#505050][font=Arial][b]Problem 1[/b]

Posted

This topic. It's about Science in the same way that Honey Boo Boo is about Learning.

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1361151773' post='595527736']
^ Only fools ignore possible evidence. ;)

So-called bigfoots have been seen in inhabited areas.

They tend to live as far apart from humans as they can -- which seems very sensible.

And because something doesn't neatly fit into the theory of 'evolution' is no reason to not take a look at it.

[/quote]

So much silly, it's hard to know where to start.

Considering how maybe cryptozoologists are out there and the very high quality of photo and video equipment, doesn't it strike you as slightly curious no one has quality footage?

How do we know they live "far apart from humans" what do you base that on?

If bigfoot existed it would still have had to evolve like every other creature on the planet. It wouldn't have just magically appeared completely separate from all other species.

Posted

[quote name='compl3x' timestamp='1361421380' post='595533816']
So much silly, it's hard to know where to start.

Considering how maybe cryptozoologists are out there and the very high quality of photo and video equipment, doesn't it strike you as slightly curious no one has quality footage?

[b]How do we know they live "far apart from humans" what do you base that on?[/b]

If bigfoot existed it would still have had to evolve like every other creature on the planet. It wouldn't have just magically appeared completely separate from all other species.
[/quote]

Imagination is what it's based on.