Neowinian

Posted 08 March 2013 - 23:58

I only see Mr Blobby...

#17 SadJoker

SadJoker

Resident yogi

• Phone: Moto X 2014 Pure Edition

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:28

and this is a new concept taken from internet explorer, swipe from the bottom screen and the taskbarpinned apps and frecuent apps are showed, this could be cool because the bottom swipe in desktop is not assigned

This is great! I like this much more than the traditional start menu.

Personally, I would prefer if there was just one icon on the taskbar that displays how many notifications are pending, expandable when it is clicked on. I'm not a fan of all the notification icons being displayed. Also, how do you feel about a "gear" or "cog" icon alongside the Volume and Battery icons, which opens up an expandable Control Panel box?

On a side note, this should be in the OS Customization section, you might get better responses there. ;)

#18 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:04

No start menu

#19 Pulagatha

Pulagatha

Neowinian

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:13

I got to say this is one of the best mock-ups I've seen come out of conceptualization for Windows 9. The hidden start screen/menu under the taskbar is genius. That unifies the two styles better than anything Microsoft did on Windows 8. The extra "Metro Caption Button" is a pretty good idea too. I hope Microsoft sees this. It is definitely worth noticing. Awesome.

#20 Pulagatha

Pulagatha

Neowinian

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:32

I think this is beautifully done.

If I could add upon it. I would make it look little more like the desktop environment (basically, smaller). I would use somewhat of the same format as this start menu for Kubuntu except with each option for the individual groups to the right of the main group option.

Posted Image

I would use this format for the individual programs as the compilation of the menu and title bar.

Posted Image

I would put the search bar in the taskbar area as well.

#21 OP gahfe

gahfe

Neowinian

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:44

Wow thanks for the feedback! This inspires me to try more things.

I'm not sure either about tiles in the desktop area (maybe are to big) I make this mockup in an small screen (11''), in a bigger screen would be more space and maybe looks more like a desktop, but is to radical have tiles and not icons in the desktop, I will check this later, also notification area

SadJoker and Pulagatha thanks for the tips,

Pulagatha I already tried something like you say in the tittle (ps has something similar), but I'm not sure because I believe the tittle must be there in some applications and we could have an no-standard menu position or no-standard tittle position, but i want to try something in the tittle

thanks again for the feedback, Mr blobby rocks!

#22 Pulagatha

Pulagatha

Neowinian

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:42

I think the title should just be a hover text. But it's just an idea.

#23 LUTZIFER

LUTZIFER

Resident Evil

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15

Start button looks cool.