corvallis facebook cell phone nudes rape and sodomy

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:21

I've seen several 16 year-olds that look 12 -- and vice-versa.

#17 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,042 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:22

If they wanted, they could throw the book at him and get away with it probably. In Oregon - the law clearly outlines what constitutes underage activity sexually and not. Chapter 163 which is found here is fairly large and indepth. In Oregon, age of consent is 18. Even at that - if you are mentally incapacitated, challenged or otherwise 'not there' mentally it applies to any age.

Not a very smart person though in the least - tatooed his name then denies it.

You can debate whether he believed any lies she spoke about her age, but the bottom line is, he ignored any ideas in his mind that she was underage. Aside from that though, he probably knew anyway but didn't care. (Use my power of an adult to scare the girl so she won't tell) type of thing. Sadly, it happens a lot around the U.S. but is never reported. :no:

I don't think he's denying he did it, I think hes denying he did it to an underage person knowingly. And what "scare power" was he using, this girl obviously was interested and willfully played the game.

Doesn't really matter a 30 yo man should know better. Even if she was looking 18 she was still borderline for him and he should have asked and even i would say meet the parents before going further.

If the guy would be in the low 20ies then it would be fine morally speaking imo (minus the stupid tattoo).

He DID ask.

#18 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,920 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:32

Yeah there's no doubt.

The young actress in Moonrise Kingdom was looking a good 3 years older than she was when the movie was shot.

Still even if she was looking 18 i mean the guy is 30. With such an age difference imo you should try to know the girl and her family well before going further with the relationship.

#19 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,910 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:34

Yeah there's no doubt.

The young actress in Moonrise Kingdom was looking a good 3 years older than she was when the movie was shot.

Still even if she was looking 18 i mean the guy is 30. With such an age difference imo you should try to know the girl and her family well before going further with the relationship.

*reverse genders and sexual organs in article*

*all comments become NIIIIIICE*

#20 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,920 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:38

*reverse genders and sexual organs in article*

*all comments become NIIIIIICE*

Not really i think the law should apply to everyone. The law is often too easy on 30+ woman who date young 15- boys.

I dunno i just think a 30+ man should know better and doesn't have any excuse. He is not mature for his age i can tell you that.

#21 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,910 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:40

Not really i think the law should apply to everyone. The law is often too easy on 30+ woman who date young 15- boys.

I dunno i just think a 30+ man should know better and doesn't have any excuse. He is not mature for his age i can tell you that.

Maybe you think so, but you know as well as me that the general tone by many of the posters would change dramatically.

#22 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,920 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:41

Maybe you think so, but you know as well as me that the general tone by many of the posters would change dramatically.

You are totally right and i think it's sad.

#23 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:42

He did ask, and she lied.

So what do you propose? Check IDs?

#24 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• 21,017 posts
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:42

My god, what are you? 80?

What's maturity? Such an obsolete word, just as morality. How's a tat immoral?

Also, you missed the part where the guy did ask the girl her age, she lied. Why should he introduce himself to her parents? It was just a sexual relationship, yeah, that would be great 'Hi sir, nice to meet you, I'm doing your daughter'.

To say he has full responsibility is not only stupid, is sexist. She is as guilty if not more.

#25 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:44

To say he has full responsibility is not only stupid, is sexist. She is as guilty if not more.

Basically this sentence.

#26 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,887 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:46

Police think that means Rader and the girl started having sex when she was 14 ...

Unless the girl directly said she had sex, the police shouldn't be assuming anything besides her having been tattooed.

#27 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:47

Unless the girl directly said she had sex, the police shouldn't be assuming anything besides her having been tattooed.

BUT THINK OF TEH CHIDLREN111115643611

#28 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,553 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:46

Guys is at fault, but not completely to blame. The girl lied about her age and these days, some 13 year olds look 20.

Me to. I have a friend that is 44 years old. She looks 32. Cannot tell age by looks these days...well, some people you can...some you cannot.

#29 xpablo

xpablo

XPablo

• 2,917 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:16

He's screwed, he'll probably do jail time and be listed as a sexual offender.

Regardless of her not telling him her age, he took advantage of a minor, therefore he must suffer the consequences.

#30 SierraSonic

SierraSonic

SierraSonic

• 1,042 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:27

He's screwed, he'll probably do jail time and be listed as a sexual offender.

Regardless of her not telling him her age, he took advantage of a minor, therefore he must suffer the consequences.

No, he shouldn't, but he will. Sadly insurance looks at fault and it's usually decided with 51% being the losers fault. This guy is maybe 5-10% at fault, but will get all the punishment.