'Twilight' finale wins worst picture award at Razzies

"The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 2" was picked as last year's worst picture Saturday by the Razzies, an Academy Awards spoof that hands out prizes for Hollywood's lousiest movies on the eve of the Oscars.

The finale to the blockbuster supernatural romance dominated the Razzies with seven awards, including worst actress for Kristen Stewart, supporting actor for Taylor Lautner, director for Bill Condon and worst screen couple for Lautner and child co-star Mackenzie Foy.

Adam Sandler was named worst actor for the raunchy comedy "That's My Boy," his second-straight win after 2011's "Jack and Jill," which swept all 10 Razzie categories a year ago. Pop singer Rihanna won worst supporting actress for the action dud "Battleship."

"Twilight" movies had been well represented in Razzie nominations over the years but had not won any key awards there. Razzie voters joke that as with "The Lord of the Rings" finale winning best picture at the Academy Awards, they were waiting for the last "Twilight" flick on which to heap their scorn.

"I have a pet theory, which is that the box office on `Twilight' films is very impressive, but my theory is that instead of 40 million individual girls going to see it, it's 8 million girls going to see it five times each. People who love those movies just adore them," said Razzies founder John Wilson. "I believe the attitude of people who really love `Twilight' movies toward this subject is very similar to the pomposity with which the Academy Awards addresses the whole rest of the world. Our whole existence is all about making fun of pompous, so `Twilight' really is right up our alley."

The "Twilight" finale also won for worst screen ensemble and worst remake, rip-off or sequel. For worst picture, it beat out "Battleship," "That's My Boy," the family flick "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" and Eddie Murphy's comedy flop "A Thousand Words."

more

i watched the finale of twilight, was a bit pants... i liked the massive battle until you realise it never happened that bird was just showing the bloke the immediate future. bloody nickers.

i watched the finale of twilight, was a bit pants... i liked the massive battle until you realise it never happened that bird was just showing the bloke the immediate future. bloody nickers.

Same here, i thought the battle was good till it was just what she wanted him to see. Kinder spoiled it plus the cgi was holly crap in this film, Looked so fake!

But people love them. So how can it be bad. It is what the public wants to see. It has a market. To me that is the opposite of bad. it does not matter if 1 person saw it 40 million times. That franchise made big bucks, that is what the movie BUSINESS is about.

That franchise made big bucks, that is what the movie BUSINESS is about.

But making movies is more than a business, or at least it should be.

But people love them. So how can it be bad. It is what the public wants to see. It has a market. To me that is the opposite of bad. it does not matter if 1 person saw it 40 million times. That franchise made big bucks, that is what the movie BUSINESS is about.

I can't believe the only way we evaluate something's worth is by how much money it makes. I just can't.

I know it will never win any Oscar, but I've seen worst movie than the Twilight finale. Of all the Twilight, I thought the finale was the better of them.

I hated it because the book it was based on was awful the only good bit was "the battle"

Right on. I've tried to watch them but they have got to be the stupidest and worst movies of all time. Even worse than the Harry Potter movies.

I can't believe the only way we evaluate something's worth is by how much money it makes. I just can't.

Because it is not subjective. What you "think" is a great movie is someone else OK movie. I did not like any of the "twilight" series but I loved Battleship this year in the theater.

You can be successful and not make tons of money but that is not hollywood. Hollywood wants big return block busters. They save the small indie flicks for the local theaters. If you see each of the big studios has smaller indie sub studios too. There is a market there too.

But wait, it's oh so cool to hate on Twilight.

Yeah never really understood that, every time the films came out they were voted 1 by Reddit/Digg which is sad and pretty pathetic

It was crap, sure. But was it the worst film of the year? Not by a long shot.

But wait, it's oh so cool to hate on Twilight.

That dream sequence ruined the entire movie and made it the worst for me.

That dream sequence ruined the entire movie and made it the worst for me.

That was probably the best part of the movie... More so if you have read the books, did not see that one coming and was quite glad to find that it was just a vision.