indiana conceal carry permit lost finger

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,071 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:29

An Indiana man was at Bill Goodman's Gun And Knife Show in Dayton Saturday and decided to purchase a holster for his handgun. The 50-year-old, a conceal carry permit holder, proudly took his new holster out to the parking lot, got in his car, and went to holster his gun...

And promptly shot himself. :|

The Indiana man was rushed to a nearby hospital, where sources say the bullet fatally wounded a finger on his left hand. They will not be able to reattach the finger.

Local police say they will not file any charges. The man was not identified, for obvious reasons.

source

#2 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,893 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:31

HAHAHAHA what an idiot

#3 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:32

They must not test in Indiana for a concealed weapons permit. :/

#4 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,354 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:34

An Indiana man was at Bill Goodman's Gun And Knife Show in Dayton Saturday and decided to purchase a holster for his handgun. The 50-year-old, a conceal carry permit holder, proudly took his new holster out to the parking lot, got in his car, and went to holster his gun...

And promptly shot himself. :|

The Indiana man was rushed to a nearby hospital, where sources say the bullet fatally wounded a finger on his left hand. They will not be able to reattach the finger.

Local police say they will not file any charges. The man was not identified, for obvious reasons.

source

And you wonder how many more idiots like this goes unreported.

#5 Simon-

Simon-

Neowinian Senior

• 10,724 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:36

I've never heard that something can be fatal to only a specific body part, only to the whole person.

#6 NeoNut

NeoNut

Neowinian

• 299 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:42

Poor finger. It didn't deserve to die.

#7 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,860 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:43

wheres my finger? oh there it is on my jacket.. steering wheel, radio, gear stick lol

#8 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,568 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:51

Poor finger.

I know it's not funny but i must admit i loled

#9 1941

Banned

• 18,175 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 16:55

He is lucky he didn't shoot his_____ off. :woot:

#10 necroxd

necroxd

Neowinian

• 366 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:26

2 things wondering what kind of holster and he should have had the safety on. I am assuming its a hard case holster.

#11 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,691 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:36

2 things wondering what kind of holster and he should have had the safety on. I am assuming its a hard case holster.

I am curious what pistol it was. However not all pistols have a safety. None of mine do. If he was trying to figure out if it fit, then he should have unloaded it, and then did it. Or if he did that already and was putting it back in, then he shouldn't have had his finger on the trigger or anywhere near the trigger/ trigger guard.

#12 sidroc

sidroc

The critic

• 4,862 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 17:48

I practice chambering while drawing and generally holster unchambered.

#13 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

• 843 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 18:16

Holster must have been tight. Even tho' one of my holsters was made for my .40 S&W it was tight. I had to break it in first... but I did it with an unloaded weapon.

#14 necroxd

necroxd

Neowinian

• 366 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 18:38

I am curious what pistol it was. However not all pistols have a safety. None of mine do. If he was trying to figure out if it fit, then he should have unloaded it, and then did it. Or if he did that already and was putting it back in, then he shouldn't have had his finger on the trigger or anywhere near the trigger/ trigger guard.

My .40 S&W doesn't have a safety but it has a heavy trigger. U remember there being a recall a couple years ago on a certainodel police holster what would happen was the plastic strap would slip down and into the trigger guard causing a discharge. I remember hearing a couple of cops being wounded by it. They made a recall and by that I mean you switched the plastic strap for a cloth one after you payes for it.

#15 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,532 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 18:44

There are plenty of firearms that have no safety, the safety lies in a double action trigger and a long trigger pull.

My firearm has no safety, but I'd be hard-pressed to let it go off inadvertently as it is rates at 6 pounds trigger pull. I'd be willing to bet this guy had a hair trigger single-action pistol.