17 posts in this topic

SALLISAW, OK ? Sequoyah County authorities say a man who died in a fire at his home may have spontaneously combusted.

The 66-year-old man died in the blaze on Monday.

Sequoyah County Sheriff Ron Lockhart says several neighbors entered the home when they saw smoke and assumed trash had caught fire. Then they realized a person was burning.

Lockhart said the remains were in the kitchen and there was no other damage in the home. The sheriff says there was no apparent source of the fire.

Authorities say the man had a history of heavy drinking and smoking.

No cause of the fire has been determined and Lockhart says spontaneous combustion has not been ruled out.

The body was sent to the state Medical Examiner's Office in Tulsa for an autopsy.

source

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imo it's a vampire like in the movie Let Me In hospital scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy drinking and smoking. I would first think he was drinking something flammable and the cigarette got a little to close.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 66 year old man died on 1 25 2013! ((1 + 2) * 5 + 2 + 0 + 1) / 3 = 6!! Clearly the work of the devil. :shifty:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how their first thought isn't "a cigarette that got out of control when he was drunk" but "zomg spontaneous combustion". O_o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how their first thought isn't "a cigarette that got out of control when he was drunk" but "zomg spontaneous combustion". O_o

You don't watch enough hollywood imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Authorities say the man had a history of heavy drinking and smoking.

And that didn't click with someone? Duh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't watch enough hollywood imo.

I don't really watch any, so, spot on there ;)

but seriously, this is real life O_o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how their first thought isn't "a cigarette that got out of control when he was drunk" but "zomg spontaneous combustion". O_o

That's much too logical, better to just say he caught on fire for no reason what so ever.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fairness you'd have to soak yourself in pure alcohol to get any significant burning to the body.

A spilled beer or a few sips of whiskey isn't going to incinerate someone.

Once a drink is inside the body, it becomes diluted.

And a dropped cigarette, isn't going to nearly completely destroy a body, and touch nothing else in the room.

If you actually research SHC, you would see how severely cremated some people were, with no explainable source.

The sheriff says there was no apparent source of the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire marshals are trained to identify when an accelerant is used. Spontaneous combustion is weird and would seem like a scapegoat, but there may simply be something else at work here to cause what we consider "spontaneous". There are so few cases documented, and once someone does combust, it's probably too late to study them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he was drinking gasoline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threads like this make me burning mad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Human fat burns really well. So you have a person, getting ###### and smoking a cigarette. He passes out, cigarette falls on his shirt, sets it on fire, burns through skin, catches his fat on fire, he quickly goes up in smoke (literally).

Yay, I'm smarter than Sallisaw OK police dept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ That's been disproved, long ago.

A dropped cigarette is not going to burn you to ashes.

If it were so easy, murderers would have been doing it for centuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ What about the mattress? Don't they burn well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any scientifics reports that spontaneous combustions are possible within animals in test labs ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.