california backpack thefts play detective cellphone camera

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:57

^ That makes sense and I've never considered that point.

#17 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:09

I'd have copied the video to my machine, then pulled the gym teacher to one side and shown her, told her to return everything she took or it gets shown to everyone

That would more than likely stopped her thieving again, and everyone gets their stuff back

#18 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,530 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:34

~snip~

Ok fair point, but to me, if the evidence is destroyed, then it just becomes hearsay, and unless the teacher was naked then filming her stealing really shouldn't be such a big deal, for I think she did her school, and by extension, her community a service. But hey, that's just me.

#19 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:37

Ok fair point, but to me, if the evidence is destroyed, then it just becomes hearsay, and unless the teacher was naked then filming her stealing really shouldn't be such a big deal, for I think she did her school, and by extension, her community a service. But hey, that's just me.

Yes but the location of the filming was a problem.... - Some places a Locker room would be considered Private and therefore illegal and not be able to be admissible in court. (it is the filming in such places that the teacher could bring the girl up on charges for)

I thought the same thing.... she looks guilty... They should have done as the lawyer friend suggested... marking money with neon reaction ink as well as noting the numbers on it. Then confronting the teacher with the money then bring up on charges with law enforcement.

That would have been the way setting up a sting instead of possibly allowing the teacher to sue the school and the girl.

#20 xpablo

xpablo

XPablo

• 2,914 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:55

Gym teacher should be charged for theft and also fired and never be permitted to teach in a public school ever again. The principle should be fired for telling the student to destroy the evidence.
There should be a full investigation of all teachers in the entire school district to see if this is common, since the principle told the student to destroy the evidence, could he have been an accessory
to this?

#21 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,953 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 14:17

"
We're sorry...
This video is not available in your location.

"

:(