Jedi mind meld? Obama mixes metaphors

Speaking after failing to avert the sequester, President Barack Obama was asked if he could put Congressional leaders in a room and refuse to let them leave until a deal is reached

The president said he didn?t have such hostage-taking powers.

?I am not a dictator, I?m the president,? he said, earning himself a headline on The Drudge Report.

Obama then earned himself the wrath of sci-fi fans everywhere.

?I know that this has been some of the conventional wisdom that?s been floating around Washington that somehow, even though most people agree that

I?m being reasonable, that most people agree I?m presenting a fair deal, the fact that they don?t take it means that I should somehow, you know, do a Jedi mind meld with these folks and convince them to do what?s right,? Obama said.

Obama surely meant ?Jedi mind trick,? from Star Wars fame, or perhaps ?Mind Meld,? of Star Trek lore. Either would have worked. Both refer to the ability to control others? minds.

Obama?s persuasive skills, as well as his sci-fi knowledge, appear to have their limits.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/election/2013/03/01/obamas-jedi-mind-meld-mixes-his-sci-fi-metaphors/