video

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:03

Shortly after that there was several consumer VR headsets you could use on your PC as well. they looked sleeker than this in fact, they had the similar vision thing at the front and a sensor package at the back for balance since they where quite heavy.

But no one wanted them and they faded away.

In my mind, back then they were no bigger than the Rift, but in reality they were probably the same size as my head, weird how PCs and 3D gaming continued to grow but this faded until now...

Fetch my angry pants Spencer, I'm madder than I've ever been..... this could have been sunglasses sized by now if it had caught on

#17 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 13:06

Good review:

The only things that really seem to be lacking is the poor resolution/PPI and the lack of positional tracking, which are both being worked on for the next devkit revision.

Here is an interesting interview with the CEO of Forth Dimension Displays who are developing high spec displays.

#18 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 00:25

#19 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 15 April 2013 - 13:33

I think this device will replace any 3d screen in no time..

#20 ahhell

ahhell

Neowinian Senior

• 8,896 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 13:42

"The only things that really seem to be lacking is the poor resolution/PPI and the lack of positional tracking, which are both being worked on for the next devkit revision."

Those are pretty significant features that need work. :s

#21 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:46

This will take over my whole life. I might as well get the divorce papers ready in the mean time lol. Just kidding, hopefully...

#22 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 13:54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CRdRc8CcGY

#23 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 20:15

First impressions from Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKhp4H3DUwE

Jump to to 12:45 for his review.

#24 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 20:47

Good interview with Oculus co-founder Nate at Fan Fest 2013 with EVR.

#25 astropheed

astropheed

astropheed

• 1,937 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 00:47

Every time I read or watch anything on the rift I feel like me when I was 5 and got my original NES for christmas in 1989. It feels like it's going to open up a whole new era for me, just like the NES (in a way I didn't understand at the time) did. All reviews are, in general, positive - with each only touching on the negatives with which all seem to have an eventual solution in-time for the commercial release (resolution, position tracking).

I read the hands-on review from Ben Kuchera (Penny Arcade [Formerly Arstechnica] entertainment critic) and the review was astonishing and this guy doesn't in general hold punches. He was writing it as if this thing is going to change everything and it's still only in dev. I truly hope this takes off with a blast, not only because this team at oculus are amazing but so the technology has a solid foot in the industry (Setting a bar). I fully suspect this technology to only get better, it's only in its infancy and it's spectacular!

Penny Arcade link: http://www.penny-arc...-your-questions

#26 Dreamspell

Dreamspell

Neowinian

• 258 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 23:45

Some interesting news over the past month.

1080p Oculus Rift Prototype and Unreal Engine 4 support shown at E3 - Source

Wicked Paradise, erotic adventure game - Source

We guess it was inevitable: veteran game designers who worked on the likes of Rage, the Call of Duty series, Lost Planet, Madden and Planetside 2 are working on an "Erotic Adventure" game for Oculus Rift.

Called Wicked Paradise, the game is based on the principle that "Instead of watching an erotic movie or reading an erotic book in which the main character has exciting sexual adventures, you become that character!

$16 million investment led by Spark Capital and Matrix Partners to help change gaming forever - Source