Play games on secondary monitor only?

I have a Radeon 7870 and want the game to only run on the second monitor whilst keeping my first monitor the primary screen.

Is this possible?

Very easy on linux, on windows however, it depends upon drivers and how they are setup and how the game runs, but yes, windowed mode will work.

I just used to do either windowed mode or set the monitor in question as a primary and shift the Start Bar to my main screen.

There's no easy way. Some games allow you to specify which monitor they run on but they're few and far between.

What about in graphics card settings for dual monitors, set on Clone Mode, with the Theater Mode option enabled?

I've never tried with a game since I've never been in to PC gaming, but I know when you have an external monitor hooked up, and are using clone mode with theater mode enabled, when a video is launched, it goes full screen on second display automatically, and stays normal on the main. You can then minimize and work on other stuff on your main screen. But like I said, I have no idea if that does the same for games.

What about in graphics card settings for dual monitors, set on Clone Mode, with the Theater Mode option enabled?

I've never tried with a game since I've never been in to PC gaming, but I know when you have an external monitor hooked up, and are using clone mode with theater mode enabled, when a video is launched, it goes full screen on second display automatically, and stays normal on the main. You can then minimize and work on other stuff on your main screen. But like I said, I have no idea if that does the same for games.

I can't find any reference to "Theater Mode" in the CCC :(