57 replies to this topic

#1 +zhiVago

zhiVago

Pax Orbis

• 9,319 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:06

The Official Page

It looks like it's gonna be very fun to play it! :D

On which platforms will Hearthstone be available?
Hearthstone will initially be available for Windows® and Macintosh®, with a version for iPad coming later.

#2 Ezaura

Ezaura

Neowinian

• 176 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:48

Oh they said they'd announce something at Pax East or w/e its called. This seems like a very niche market though. Fans of the Warcraft franchise who are also fans of card strategy type games. And MTG as well being the elephant in the room, I really doubt this is going to be that popular. Which is annoying, because I'd wish they'd spend their resources and time on either fixing balance issues in Starcraft 2 Hots or promoting eSports, as Riot and LoL are thoroughly killing it there.

#3 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• 11,509 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 930

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:50

Im not huge into this type of card game and not sure I would sit down at my PC to play this, but I can see myself casually playing this on a tablet. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

#4 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z3

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:55

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

#5 SongHyeonDeok

SongHyeonDeok

Lightning in a bottle.

• 353 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:42

"Epic standard of Blizzard"

Yeah...need I mention SC2? Nothing epic there.

Oh come on...

Did you really need to come in here a bash a companies product which isn't even relevant to this one? The fact people get paid to play SC2 is pretty epic enough in itself.

Then you start a topic about the forum and the behaviour of its members...

Signed up for the beta, looks like it could be fun when given a chance.

#6 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:47

Strangely enough I didn't bash and that sentence is enough in context with this topic since they were the ones who were claiming they have epic standards (Which isn't only said about this game) while their other games apart from this need fixing.

#7 SongHyeonDeok

SongHyeonDeok

Lightning in a bottle.

• 353 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:51

Strangely enough I didn't bash and that sentence is enough in context with this topic since they were the ones who were claiming they have epic standards (Which isn't only said about this game) while their other games apart from this need fixing.

You're right, I apologise whole-heartedly.

Their games are clearly broken, I should've known better.

Thanks for those examples you provided, helped set me on the straight and narrow.

#8 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:56

Clearly you haven't played SC2 and are just relying on the fact that "some 1%" of people playing it are getting paid and then come on with the sarcasm. I'll give you an hint, Terran.

But sure, sorry this isn't the right place for SC2 discussion and I'll move to the right place, I was just stating the fact they said in the video about their "Epic standard about games"

#9 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• 5,208 posts
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:04

Im not huge into this type of card game and not sure I would sit down at my PC to play this, but I can see myself casually playing this on a tablet. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Same; for me card games are an occasionally-at-best sort of thing but I can see myself playing this on my Windows tablet, looks like an interesting diversion.

#10 episode

episode

Neowinian Fanatic

• 6,849 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07

Clearly you haven't played SC2 and are just relying on the fact that "some 1%" of people playing it are getting paid and then come on with the sarcasm. I'll give you an hint, Terran.

But sure, sorry this isn't the right place for SC2 discussion and I'll move to the right place, I was just stating the fact they said in the video about their "Epic standard about games"

Your argument would have been a lot better if you said Diablo 3 instead of SC2.

#11 AwayfromHere

AwayfromHere

Neowinian Senior

• 3,012 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:10

I'm not even going to start on D3 since, like pointed out, this is not the place for it :)

#12 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• 6,702 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:48

I am not a card game fan. I tried to play Magic when it came to iPad, didn't last. Gameloft just released Order and Chaos Duels for iOS, which is a card game just like this one, and its done pretty well, but still couldn't get into it, but this one does look good as well. At least it helps bring those games to life

#13 Elessar

Elessar

Professional Daydreamer

• 1,893 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 16:01

Signed up for the beta. We'll see if I get anything. I've been looking to get back into MTG so this definitely interests me.

#14 SMELTN

SMELTN

Neowinian Senior

• 6,702 posts
  • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, 2012 Macbook Pro, CR-48 Chromebook from Google
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:55

so.. anyone playing this? Also if so anyone have a spare key to share? I would love to test this out

#15 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

• 5,242 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 13:26

As a huge fan of MTG with no one to play with (and no cards anymore :( ) I too would love to try this out if anyone has a spare beta key.