Teachers who stomped American flag, Jesus, are gone

The flag of the USA might be just cloth, but it stands for the people who died for this country and it stands for a republic which should be respected for all of the people who died defending freedom.

The fact that you can't understand that is well sad for you. It also shows how simple minded and selfish you are. Facts are facts dude and you just keep showing how simple minded and ignorant and people don't respect that.

Since when is "you should respect us because we demand it" a fact? :/ that's just the arrogant assertion of someone who thinks they have crap owing to them but has no idea why. I don't give a flying fig what the flag means to you, it's still just a flag. Compared to the suffering some have had through history the yanks have had it easy so don't give me all that BS about dying and suffering.

I bet if there was a study, you will find out that militant Atheists are actually socially inept.

I spend almost all of my spare time managing the branch of a computing charity, a position one who is socially inept couldn't fill. Try stereotyping better next time, because stupid posts like this just make you look like an overwhelming hypocrite ;)

I happen to disagree there, they shouldn't have been arrested. But then British people don't act as if this country is an unfettered oasis of freedom, you still do.

...but if the teachers were talking about praising Jesus, you'd have a problem with them NOT being fired. I'd bet money on that. A lot of money. :rolleyes:

Yes, because again this lesson had NOTHING to do with religion it was about teaching people to think about how we interact socially and what societal blocks prevent us from doing certain things. As I've repeatedly pointed out the exercise had nothing to do with trashing Christianity so it wasn't a religious exercise. Forcing people to praise Jesus would be a religious exercise and therefore a violation of constitutional law. The professor wasn't trying to turn his class into raging Atheists he was trying to get them to think about our social contracts.

what if you were eating alphabet soup and an extreme coincidence happens and the only letters where J, E,S,U, and S and were arranged in such an order that it spelled out the name of Jesus?

Would they be equally bound by anger by.. eating the said remaining alphabet soup pasta letters? Pouring the soup down the drain? Throwing the soup out?

What are you supposed to do? Can't eat it? Can't dispose of it? Can't let the cat eat it? Guess they have to keep it forever.

Point: It's just letters.

And you don't see it as ironic that in "the land of the free" people are being punished for refusing to play the obsessive patriot? It has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with the post 9-11 atmosphere in which people who aren't obsessively patriotic are treated with suspicion.

It's just a damn flag it's not going to harm anyone.

It has everything to do with respect. People have lost their lives protecting the flag and what it's meaning. You are very disrespectful. Those teachers had jobs because of what others have done. It's unbelievable people would do this. The greatest generation gave us everything and as they are leaving this world they have to deal with this garbage. Shameful!

And again i'll just repeat: If defending a flag is of more meaning to you than the values of honesty, caring, and love then it's you that has the problem. Flags don't mean anything, it's just another way to instill misplaced nationalism into people. I don't throw a hissy fit whenever someone defaces an English flag because I have far better things to worry about.

And again i'll just repeat: If defending a flag is of more meaning to you than the values of honesty, caring, and love then it's you that has the problem. Flags don't mean anything, it's just another way to instill misplaced nationalism into people. I don't throw a hissy fit whenever someone defaces an English flag because I have far better things to worry about.

it's not more meaningful to me than values... I care about those values, but I can also care about the flag, what it stands for, and who fought and died protect it and it's meaning. I respect the history of it. It ticks me off when others don't.

it's not more meaningful to me than values... I care about those values, but I can also care about the flag, what it stands for, and who fought and died protect it and it's meaning. I respect the history of it. It ticks me off when others don't.

In the very short history of the USA as a nation, it's done far more to be ashamed of than to be proud or respectful of.

• Like 2

And you don't see it as ironic that in "the land of the free" people are being punished for refusing to play the obsessive patriot? It has nothing to do with respect, and everything to do with the post 9-11 atmosphere in which people who aren't obsessively patriotic are treated with suspicion.

It's just a damn flag it's not going to harm anyone.

Ah but it did. A pupil was originally suspended for not doing it. If it's freedom of thought or expression that he was after then surely the freedom to not do it without reprisal would also play a part?

As such glad to see him gone.

• Like 2

Teachers are meant to teach what's in the books not get their impressionable young students to "question the world around them".

Am I the only one who disagrees with this statement?

In the very short history of the USA as a nation, it's done far more to be ashamed of than to be proud or respectful of.

Heh, the UK doesn't exactly have a clean track record either.

Yeah, let me just whip my dick out and wizz all over the 9/11 memorial! Then I'll take a massive dump on the tomb of the unknown soldier and spray graffiti on the Vietnam memorial!

That'll show those neocon uberpatriotic Christian Taliban how not important their symbols are! FIGHT THE POWAH!

*******s.

Pretty sure the armed guards at the TOTUS will shoot you before you get close enough to do that.

Pretty sure the armed guards at the TOTUS will shoot you before you get close enough to do that.

I sure hope they would!!!

I'm not ashamed of it. I'll learn from it but I'll never be ashamed of it.

Heh, the UK doesn't exactly have a clean track record either.

Diversionary tactics won't help, you know. The subject is the USA, not the UK.

The bible is not proof, stories are not proof. Proof requires verifiable and repeatable evidence; you have none.

And there you go with your casual insults again, when no one has insulted you, at all. Love thy neighbour.. Riiiiiight. :rolleyes:

If you want to know why some "militant atheists" act like jerks, you need look no further at how theists treat them. Try starting with a mirror.

Yeah, put the blame on me why a lot of "militant atheists" act like jerks., nice deflection.

Atheists are simply not trusted in society, well at least not in America. Gee, I wonder why that is.

We know that a lot of Atheists think that "religion is a virus that must be stamped out". You wonder why Atheists can't be trusted?

evl6uzgnekoeiuja132xjw.gif

People like you will never understand the concept of what he was trying to teach. The whole event INCLUDING his firing proves a lesson that people are too attached to symbols that mean nothing. It was intended to show an example that if you tie something to a symbol, it changes your mindset and you treat it differently then normal. If it was intended to be a demonstration of defiance, personal belief, or other, then you would be correct. Religion is a perfect example of this in the most extreme way as you can tell from the whole uproar. Just as Muslims are idiots about photos about Mohammed, Christians are just as big of idiots to symbolism as well when it comes to letters arranged in a way and placed on the ground.

I understand what the teacher was trying to do, unfortunately the teacher didn't understand that instead of trying to be a hero of freedom he should be thinking how can I actually teach something that means something. You are free to do what you want, but there might be consequences to what you do.

Teachers should be focused on teaching you know Science, Math, the local language, History, etc... None of what that teacher did was a part of what they are supposed to be teaching.,

Just because something doesn't mean something to you, doesn't mean you get to have fun without consequences.

For example. I might not agree with Islam, but I don't go out of the way to make them angry just so I can show my freedom. I respect them without trying to make fun of them or go out of my way to disrespect them (that is never a good idea). They shouldn't be harassed.

See, WHAT A CONCEPT!

I really wouldn't even say anything about Atheists except they go out of their way to be jerks and then they try to justify it. So, they have to pay for the consequences.

Nobody should worship or idolise a flag anyway :/

I don't think anyone is worshiping the flag itself. The flag is physically cloth and I don't know anyone that worships the flag.

However, when you have a country that was oppressed from the British which were a huge world power at the time, you respect what the flag means and not the actual flag itself. In other words the people that died for that freedom. Of course if you are British you will never understand that.

In other words, the flag even though it's cloth is an extension of my country, it's a symbol of that meaning. I don't worship the flag, I worship my God. However, the flag to me symbolizes America and the loss of lives that it took to make this country a free country that I get to worship my God because of that Freedom.

It's more like respect to my country is what it symbolizes.

Just like the President of this country is an extension of America when he goes abroad.

• Like 3

Yeah, put the blame on me why a lot of "militant atheists" act like jerks., nice deflection.

Atheists are simply not trusted in society, well at least not in America. Gee, I wonder why that is.

We know that a lot of Atheists think that "religion is a virus that must be stamped out". You wonder why Atheists can't be trusted?

evl6uzgnekoeiuja132xjw.gif

Let me fill you in so you can stop wondering why, the people who say they dont trust atheists are more then likely religious and since atheism goes against the notion of a god, that brings us back to why they don't trust us. That and the fact that they are too ignorant to learn something outside their tiny world view. You have shown us time and time again that you are a prime example of that.

YLR3M5e.jpg

• Like 2

Let me fill you in so you can stop wondering why, the people who say they dont trust atheists are more then likely religious and since atheism goes against the notion of a god, that brings us back to why they don't trust us. That and the fact that they are too ignorant to learn something outside their tiny world view. You have shown us time and time again that you are a prime example of that.

They don't have to be religious to not trust Atheists. I know plenty of people who are not religious and don't trust Atheists. My agnostic Boss was one of them. I don't mind learning. What you are giving me is "Grade A" B.S and there is nothing of substance but just an argument that my dad is bigger than yours and then telling me that I am ignorant. There are a lot of people like you on this forum that call people ignorant because they disagree with them and them give them nothing of substance.

Like that one kid who tried to teach me about the "Big Bang" and then the answer never matched the question. Very typical. If you can't answer a question then just throw some random science facts (that are not even relevant to the question) so that you feel better about not being able to answer the hard questions.

Then there is this from today...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...and-tv-21947207

"Religion is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured." - from a scientist no doubt. Gosh, I wonder why a lot of "religious people don't trust Atheists".

yeah, that really promotes Science!

"You must be cured from your ignorance and we are the ones to do it."

I don't think anyone is worshiping the flag itself. The flag is physically cloth and I don't know anyone that worships the flag.

However, when you have a country that was oppressed from the British which were a huge world power at the time, you respect what the flag means and not the actual flag itself. In other words the people that died for that freedom. Of course if you are British you will never understand that.

In other words, the flag even though it's cloth is an extension of my country, it's a symbol of that meaning. I don't worship the flag, I worship my God. However, the flag to me symbolizes America and the loss of lives that it took to make this country a free country that I get to worship my God because of that Freedom.

It's more like respect to my country is what it symbolizes.

Just like the President of this country is an extension of America when he goes abroad.

Normally your posts are a little to extreme for me but this one is pretty well explained. :rofl:

• Like 1

This is true, even if a bit over dramatic.

oh wait, why should believers and everyone else not trust Atheists again?

I can't even make this stuff up.

Keep on exposing what you are all about and show people how you really think.

This is true, even if a bit over dramatic.

The irony in this is that if the sentence read "Atheism is like a destructive virus that needs to be cured." people would get all in a tiff about forcing religion on others and blah blah blah. It's interesting how that complaint is usually only a one way street.

• Like 2