FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:29

Saw this in a Polish Forum:

http://winforum.eu/T...ws-Blue?page=20

Posted Image

Notice the new "Settings" tile:

Posted Image

Just when I was wondering if this is "4.1 Treat"(;???) the mod(same guy who leaked 9364) made a follow-up post:

Posted Image

Full image:

Posted Image

#2 BogenDorpher

BogenDorpher

Neowinian

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:40

http://www.winbeta.o...mage-build-9375 ;)

#3 greenwizard88

greenwizard88

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:48

But in order to keep with Windows Phone conventions, it will be marketed towards consumers as Windows 8.5 ;)

#4 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:59

They are not covering the desk-top hash.....going to leak it?? :o

#5 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02

Further news from the mod:

Posted Image

#6 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:26

It could be a Blue leak considering its milestones are shipping to OEMs iirc, I doubt it's really newsworthy.

#7 Niekess

Niekess

Windows Platform Developer

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 930

Posted 01 April 2013 - 20:31

Fake. Watermark is not proper comparing all other builds. Both the confidential part and the build string should be even wide.
Also on the start screen shot where he selected the PC Settings tile is everything in Russian I think but not the appbar which still says English lines.. bit weird huh? :D

#8 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 01 April 2013 - 21:19

I dunno if it's real but even the first leak showed that they are starting to expose things that were hidden in RTM. Like search UI in apps and settings which when clicked bring up the search charm. Going with that thinking them bringing back the pc settings tile would make sense because one problem is that people haven't gotten use to bringing up the charms yet.

One thing that is new but talked about elsewhere is that IE11 will support SPDY.

#9 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2013 - 00:19

The Polish mod has not said much, so we don't know ATM if the win8.1 thing is real, or just a 4.1 trick........or, if they are planning to leak 9375 x64. :|

Posted Image

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something off-topic, Neowin news has reported on porting winblue 9364 apps to win8 9200,

http://www.neowin.ne...-new-workaround

Actually, it could be done the other way round, tks to Misaki, the win8 9200 apps can be side-loaded to winblue too

Posted Image

I am still worried the procedures involves warez, so better not to discuss in Neowin, this is FreshPaint on winblue:

Posted Image

#10 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2013 - 13:31

.http://www.zdnet.com...8-1-7000013391/

Microsoft's Windows Blue looks to be named Windows 8.1

Summary: The Windows Blue operating system update is likely to be named "Windows 8.1" when it hits later this summer, according to sources.

[url="""]Posted Image[/url]
By Mary Jo Foley for All About Microsoft | April 2, 2013 -- 13:16 GMT (21:16 SGT)

Microsoft officials supposedly have decided on the final name for Windows Blue. The final decision, one of my sources told me, is that it will be Windows 8.1. Posted Image
The client version of Blue, codenamed Windows Blue, is a refresh of Windows 8. It is expected to be released to manufacturing around August of this year. As I've blogged a few times, Microsoft is planning to position Blue as part of the Windows 8 wave, not as Windows 9.
On Twitter this morning Roman L. (a k a @AngelWZR) tweeted a link to a screen shot, which I've embedded in this post, above, of what appears to be a build of Windows Blue that postdates the one that leaked a week ago. The week-ago leak was build 9364; the new one is 9375. It is labeled in AngelWZR's screen shot as "Windows 8.1 Pro." The original source of this screen shot is Winforum.eu.
"Well maybe that's not an April Fools' joke," AngelWZR tweeted.
My Blue source said that the top-level branding will be "Windows 8" when Microsoft releases the 8.1 update -- similar to the way that Microsoft's Windows Phone officials talked about the "Mango" (Windows Phone 7.5) release as part of the Windows Phone 7 family.
My tipster also says that Microsoft plans to refer to the Blue update for Windows RT as "Windows RT 8.1."
There's no word as to what, if anything, Microsoft plans to charge existing Windows 8 and Windows RT customers for Blue.
Microsoft executives like Windows Chief Financial Officer Tami Reller have said repeatedly, Microsoft envisions Windows 8 as something more than a one-season wonder. Reller has said Microsoft considers Windows 8 a product "of multiple selling seasons." So it makes sense that Blue would be christened Windows 8.x, not Windows 9.
If it pans out that Microsoft has, indeed, opted for Blue to be named 8.1 -- rather than 8.5 or 8.7 -- I wouldn't be suprised to see the expected next couple of annual Windows client refreshes to also have an 8.X name when they roll out over the next few years.
Microsoft officials are not commenting about Blue, beyond acknowledging that the codename refers to the next wave of products from the company.

#11 rav.a

rav.a

Neowinian

Posted 02 April 2013 - 21:30

Windows 8.1 Pro Previev:

Posted Image

cropped..

Posted Image

#12 OP FaiKee

FaiKee

Neowinian

Posted 03 April 2013 - 00:22

Windows 8.1 Pro Previev:

Posted Image

cropped..

Posted Image

Any plan to leak the x64? :woot:

#13 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 03 April 2013 - 00:28

If Foley's sources are correct, however, we can expect to see a preview release of what will become Windows 8.1 at Microsoft's annual Build developer conference, scheduled to take place in San Francisco from June 26 to 28. The final version of the update is expected to ship around August 2013.

http://www.theregist...ue_version_8_1/

#14 ingramator

ingramator

Hacker

• Phone: Lumia 920, iPhone 5, GS3

Posted 03 April 2013 - 14:04

If Foley's sources are correct, however, we can expect to see a preview release of what will become Windows 8.1 at Microsoft's annual Build developer conference, scheduled to take place in San Francisco from June 26 to 28. The final version of the update is expected to ship around August 2013.

http://www.theregist...ue_version_8_1/

Can't wait to get my hands on the BUILD 2013 release! :D

#15 +Chris123NT

Chris123NT

Win8 Master

Posted 03 April 2013 - 15:34

With it scheduled to RTM in August, no preview until June just seems too late to me. I suspect we should see something before that.