8 posts in this topic

Posted

A North Carolina man sparked outrage after he revealed that he tattooed his two dogs.

Ernesto Rodriguez, an Army veteran and tattoo artist from Stokes County, N.C., inked his two pit bulls -- Duke and Duchess -- on their stomachs, according to Fox's WGHP. The man said he tattooed his dogs for identification purposes. The 4-month-old Duchess was reportedly tattooed while she was asleep after having her ears clipped.

Rodriguez posted a photo of the job on his Facebook page for Planet Ink Tattoos and later deleted it. However, Mediaite has a screenshot of one of his updates, which stated: "Animal control came looked at my beautiful dog and left.... wow... what a waste of tax payers money... so im still gonna tattoo my dogs whenever i feel like it... good try haters thanks for all the advertisement."

The Facebook post ignited fury, with many people accusing Rodriguez of animal abuse for tattooing the dogs. Animal advocate Caleb Scott disputed Rodriguez's claims that the dog was even asleep.

Posted

people pay vets to tattoo their dogs for identification all the time... so I guess it's all OK for that to happen, but a person doing it humanely when the dog is asleep... nooooooooooooooo way.

Side note, I wouldn't tattoo my dog.. unless it was a kick arse tattoo that showed off what kind of killer guard dog he is. :shifty:

Posted

Wow, once again much ado about nothing.

Posted

Unless my dog asks, I won't tattoo.

Posted

Where I live, dog's have hair.

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1364921444' post='595612610']
Unless my dog asks, I won't tattoo.
[/quote]

Will you know if he asks? :p

Posted

^ As long as he speaks plain English. ;)
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1364847024' post='595610856'] People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has spoken out against the practice, saying[b] it is insensitive to the animal's dignity[/b], the report notes.

[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/01/man-tattoos-dogs-ernesto-rodriguez_n_2992969.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news"]source[/url]
[/quote]

Wut? :|