Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First As

The cancellation of any Star Wars-related project is always welcome news.

The demise of Lucas Arts, on the other hand, is very sad indeed.

I played through Day of the Tentacle with my 6-year-old son a few months ago - for the first time in almost 20 years - he loved it as much as I did when it first came out.

• Like 1

They haven't done anything decent for a good long while. If they were any other studio they would have gone away a long time ago.

5732057_700b.jpg

I hope EA buy Disney, i wonder what would happens then?

Where would EA get that kind of cash ? did you notice how much they paid for just StarWars/LucasFilm ?

5732057_700b.jpg

I hope EA buy Disney, i wonder what would happens then?

lol what? In 2012 The Walt Disney Company made $10 billion in profit on $43 billion in revenue. EA had a meager $4.2 billion in revenue in comparison with a profit of $76 million. Chump change as far as Disney is concerned.

They haven't done anything decent for a good long while. If they were any other studio they would have gone away a long time ago.

Exactly. The lastest Monkey Island and Sam & Max wasn't done by LucasArts but for Telltalle Games.

What's died with LucasArts was the Star War games and a couple of casual games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wait, Disney takes down lucasarts because?....... in this time, a time of mass unemployment.. HEY!, let's shut down lucasarts and put more people out of work!

talk about the magic of disney... :/