massachusetts whitsons culinary group apology

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 SPEhosting

SPEhosting

C++ n00b

• 2,828 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:42

GOOD....have money or starve... thats how this world works ... dont like it hunt or steal your food...stop hoping for charity

#17 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:43

"Federal subsidies also require that schools at least feed students a grilled cheese sandwich if they aren't on free or reduced lunches but still cannot pay. This option was seen as controversial when introduced back in 2011."

http://www.turnto10....ay-you-cant-eat

#18 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

Resident Magical Lion v1.2 now with moar roar and softer fur.

• 749 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy SIII, iPhone 4S

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:44

Arent you being a hypocrite? Isn't your healthcare being paid by other people?

Again, because it happens, doesn't mean I support it. I'll reiterate since you can't read.

Screw the poor. They can die if they can't afford healthcare.
Screw the kids. They can go hungry if their parents are too stupid to put money on their lunch card.

As for the federal funds, if they are MANDATED to give them a sandwich, then give them a sandwich. But they should get rid of that, as it breeds dependance on the system and teaches kids they can have what they want for free.

#19 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,696 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:45

So... if you don't pay for the food, you should be allowed to eat it anyway? That makes a ton of sense....

Over 5 cents? That makes less sense.

There should of been a warning/notification given to parents letting them know they were behind and given them a chance to pay up. There were several times in school I didnt have my lunch card with me and they let me eat but gave me a note to take home to my parents letting them know.

#20 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:46

Again, because it happens, doesn't mean I support it. I'll reiterate since you can't read.

Screw the poor. They can die if they can't afford healthcare.
Screw the kids. They can go hungry if their parents are too stupid to put money on their lunch card.

CAN YOU READ? the school gets federal funds. those funds are specifically for feeding kids who cannot afford it. Those funds the government gets from taxes. those taxes are collected from the poor students parents pay checks. This is stated right in the article link. The students were denied something they were supposed to get BY LAW.

#21 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

• 749 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:48

Over 5 cents? That makes less sense.

Can anyone confirm that is AFTER the purchase they were five cents under? If that holds true, then the penny pinching mindless numbskull at the counter should just give them the damn food. If it was BEFORE the purchase, the kids can go hungry then.

This social service bull that's feeding (no pun intended) dependance on the system needs to stop.

#22 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,232 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:48

For those that think this is wrong. Please contact the school and tell them to feed those kids, and you will take care the bill.
It's so easy when it is not your money. 5 cents isn't much, but it will add up.

#23 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:49

For those that think this is wrong, please contact the school and tell them to feed those kids, and you will take care the bill.
It's so easy when it is not your money. 5 cents isn't much, but it will add up.

The school gets funds from the government specifically for feeding those kids that do not pay. read the darn article.

#24 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,696 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:49

Can anyone confirm that is AFTER the purchase they were five cents under? If that holds true, then the penny pinching mindless numbskull at the counter should just give them the damn food. If it was BEFORE the purchase, the kids can go hungry then

I dont think it matters if it was before or after. They would be short 5 cents regardless.

#25 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

• 749 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:50

CAN YOU READ? the school gets federal funds. those funds are specifically for feeding kids who cannot afford it. Those funds the government gets from taxes. those taxes are collected from the poor students parents pay checks. This is stated right in the article link. The students were denied something they were supposed to get BY LAW.

I was refering to your inability to process my comment, not the article. But buck up, I'm sure those chapter books will help your comprehension.

The LAW should be abolished. That said, yes. I agree they should abide by the law, as if they don't you can't tell what other laws they are breaking (food prep, sanitation, etc)

#26 ShareShiz

ShareShiz

Neowinian

• 969 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:50

You do know their taxes are paying for the school right? They are paying for the meals through their taxes.

You do know a lot of people don't even pay their taxes.

My mom was a teacher for 20+ years. One thing she learned. Don't give kids money. Don't give kids credit. Nothing like seeing someones hard earn money go towards someone elses kid.

And I loved seeing some of the debt some of the kids had from credited lunches. I've seen kids having a $ 780 lunch bill at the end of the school year and the parents won't even pay it.

Sounds completely reasonable to me /s

#27 +rr_dRock

rr_dRock

• 749 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:51

I dont think it matters if it was before or after. They would be short 5 cents regardless.

No. Before the next meal would mean 5c + cost of the meal. After it would be just 5c.

#28 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,696 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:52

No. Before the next meal would mean 5c + cost of the meal. After it would be just 5c.

Regardless...its stupid to deny anyone food over 5 cents. Not, if this was a regular occurrence then maybe...but again, a notice should of been sent to the parents first.

#29 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,270 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:53

They can get free lunches by going through Social Services and such, like how they go get food stamps, but their parents actually have to go and sign up and meet the requirements.

The government just doesn't give schools bag fulls of money to feed random kids.

Yes it does actually. read the article. if you want federal funds you have to abide by its rules. one of those rules is feeding kids that cannot afford to pay for lunch. The outside contractor broke the law by denying the kids their lunch. They were supposed to get a cheese sandwich. not nothing

#30 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,232 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 16:54

Maybe you need to read the damn article then. When I went to high school, those that got free food from school were the one that qualified for free meal. Can you explain for me why these kids required pre-paid card if the school suppose to feed them free. Are you one of those irresponsible parents?

The school gets funds from the government specifically for feeding those kids that do not pay. read the darn article.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!