92 replies to this topic

#31 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,576 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:51

what line/model ?

Before the PD was announced they actually had a 12 core planned for desktops but for some reason they cancelled it later. I even have some print-outs of the plans, need to find em.

#32 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,971 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:51

The FX is coming from Opteron series or at least the higher end ones are as far as I'm told.

read below:

Where do you think they had got these Centurions (assuming they're a real deal)? :laugh:

Good point :p

I mean this:

"or us as architects, we have a team dedicated to putting in overclocking features into the designs and tests in place to cherry pick those parts to box and sell as such. So you are getting parts on the good side of the normal when you buy K CPUs."
http://www.reddit.co...r_at_intel_ama/

#33 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,576 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 13 April 2013 - 19:55

read below:

Good point :p

I mean this:

"or us as architects, we have a team dedicated to putting in overclocking features into the designs and tests in place to cherry pick those parts to box and sell as such. So you are getting parts on the good side of the normal when you buy K CPUs."
http://www.reddit.co...r_at_intel_ama/

Well I seriously doubt they hand-pick the K series. That would be A LOT of work, probably have something else in place, silicon check or what ever.

More likely the E-series are already hand picked.

#34 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,971 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 20:11

Well I seriously doubt they hand-pick the K series. That would be A LOT of work, probably have something else in place, silicon check or what ever.

More likely the E-series are already hand picked.

Yeah, but this could also turn into a "they have money for that, whereas AMD doesn't" debacle. This is the type of hype AMD needs to build up, wonder why they haven't had one of their engineers do an AmA

#35 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:02

I have faith in Jim Kellar

He'll be designing chips after Excavatar

#36 L1520

L1520

Neowinian

• 687 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:17

I'm surprised to hear of all the hate for AMD - I'm delighted with my FX-6100, its been fantastic. Especially for the cost : capability ratio compared to Intel!!

#37 illegaloperation

illegaloperation

Neowinian Senior

• 1,767 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:22

AMD need to stop selling eight-cores processor with low Instructions Per Cycle (IPC) and start selling four-cores processors with high IPC.

#38 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,417 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:26

AMD need to stop selling eight-cores processor with low Instructions Per Cycle (IPC) and start selling four-cores processors with high IPC.

Why? With AMD's 8 core Jaguar coming to next gen consoles, we might just start to see games / apps enhance the full potential of more than 4 cores.

#39 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,971 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:30

Why? With AMD's 8 core Jaguar coming to next gen consoles, we might just start to see games / apps enhance the full potential of more than 4 cores.

Agreed more cores is the future, however, programmers need to get off their asses, heck not all games fully utilize 4 cores yet still :/

#40 matt4444

matt4444

Neowinian

• 326 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:31

I'm surprised to hear of all the hate for AMD - I'm delighted with my FX-6100, its been fantastic. Especially for the cost : capability ratio compared to Intel!!

I was happy with mine at first too, then looked into an i5 3570k and saw the dramatic improvement with video conversion programs such as Handbrake. So, as much as I love AMD (using AMD graphics card), I am now using an Intel system.

#41 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,178 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:35

so neowin shows it's face as heavily PRO Microsoft and Intel. don't forget, if it weren't for AMD, intel would be the monopoly and guess what you'd pay for your loyalty to Intel... :rolleyes:

#42 Motoko.

Motoko.

Neowinian Senior

• 4,767 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:55

so neowin shows it's face as heavily PRO Microsoft and Intel. don't forget, if it weren't for AMD, intel would be the monopoly and guess what you'd pay for your loyalty to Intel... :rolleyes:

The only reason I bought a 2600K was because I got it at Microcenter for $200, I would of been stupid to go for the 8150 in such circumstances.

#43 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• 2,101 posts
  • OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 13 April 2013 - 21:57

Hahaha, the intel guys here that replied as if their pride have been hurt are... just pitiful, but whatever, to me it seems that somebody has won the price to performance ratio already, and that's the red team, AMD.

#44 +InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter

Neowinian Senior

• 3,586 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus running CyanogenMod 11

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:28

Have you not seen all the hate Windows 8 is getting here?

I personally purchase what is best value for money / performance at time, brand loyalty is pointless when it comes to components.

#45 Draconian Guppy

Draconian Guppy

LippyZillaD Council

• 13,971 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 22:32

Hahaha, the intel guys here that replied as if their pride have been hurt are... just pitiful, but whatever, to me it seems that somebody has won the price to performance ratio already, and that's the red team, AMD.

Yeah truth hurts i guess, it still doesn't change facts that these same allegations were being said against intel in the p4 days.