Thief unknowingly trashes money

A thief in Newnan, Georgia snatched a bag from a car but unwittingly ended up throwing away more money than he stole. Dr. Artie Ricaud left a personal bag with a large amount of cash in his car while he ran inside his dental practice for a few minutes to retrieve his sunglasses.

But right after the dentist departed his truck, a thief grabbed the bag and took off on foot. Ricaud had withdrawn thousands of dollars from the bank for a possible car purchase and said, ?I just put it in the bag to take it back to the bank, and this happened. So yes, I was devastated to say the least.?

The police investigated surveillance footage from the dentist?s office and searched the area for the suspect and evidence. Sergeant Chad Wood eventually found the bag discarded in a trash can outside the nearby library. The only thing the suspect took was cash from Dr. Ricaud?s wallet.

Deputy Chief Riggs said, "When he saw the money (in the wallet) he took it out, put the wallet back in and threw the bag away. He was unaware that the bag contained a substantial amount of money that was still there." Dr. Ricaud was overjoyed to get eighty percent of his money back, thanked the police department and offered to donate $1000 to Sgt. Wood?s favorite charity. Newnan police continue to searching for the suspect.

source & video

Haha. When I was working at a small AT&T store, we got robbed one night in December. They took almost all of our phones and $80 cash, completely ignoring the $1,000+ we had in deposit envelopes sitting right beside the cash.

LOL.. Why do people still withdraw large sums of cash with all the convenience of plastic & eMoney... SMH!