HTC found to be using Nokia

Injuction is not warranted because HTC didn't infringe on anything... they bought it from STE.. Nokia can sue STE and ask for money they lost because of them selling it..

Nokia is actively trying to prevent HTC because HTC makes better phones and sells more phones than Nokia's pathetic attempts in selling that Windows Phone failure. They are sad.. When you can't compete try everything you can to prevent competitors.

JdnNmcg.png

JdnNmcg.png

That includes non-smartphones, which are considerably less profitable. When you look at the figures for smartphones HTC has 4.6% of the market (down from 5.8% the previous quarter) whereas Nokia only has 3.7% (down from 6.7% the previous quarter). So not only is Nokia's market share lower but its has diminished by a much greater degree (45% versus 20%). That said, I still think that Nokia has the better strategy going forward.

I did read the fu**ing article as you mentioned, I'm replying on my phone, which is why I didn't delete it and put up my usual 'statement withdrawn' post instead, but seeing as you have nothing better to do than be rude to an honest mistake, to you sir, I say GFY!

Didn't mean to be rude sir, I just said Read The Fine Article! :p

That includes non-smartphones, which are considerably less profitable. When you look at the figures for smartphones HTC has 4.6% of the market (down from 5.8% the previous quarter) whereas Nokia only has 3.7% (down from 6.7% the previous quarter). So not only is Nokia's market share lower but its has diminished by a much greater degree (45% versus 20%). That said, I still think that Nokia has the better strategy going forward.

Well that's because Symbian is still considered a smartphone OS and that's where most of Nokia's loss is coming from.

If you look at their Lumia line by itself then they're making gains whereas HTC has been making losses.

Well that's because Symbian is still considered a smartphone OS and that's where most of Nokia's loss is coming from.

If you look at their Lumia line by itself then they're making gains whereas HTC has been making losses.

Indeed. Nokia took far too long to respond to the smartphone race and Symbian simply wasn't competitive, which is that it's playing catch-up - committing to WP was a huge risk but it might pay off. Meanwhile HTC had a huge success with the Desire but failed to innovate, which is why the company has been haemorrhaging money.

Wow really ... did you check or read the news lately? If HTC sells more phones than Nokia, then can you explain why HTC sistuation is getting worse than Nokia? They may not be able to sue HTC, but they may be able to force HTC to replace the parts. Then Nokia and HTC can both sue STE. But at the moment, if HTC doesn't want to replace the part, they have to pay up to Nokia.

Injuction is not warranted because HTC didn't infringe on anything... they bought it from STE.. Nokia can sue STE and ask for money they lost because of them selling it..

Nokia is actively trying to prevent HTC because HTC makes better phones and sells more phones than Nokia's pathetic attempts in selling that Windows Phone failure. They are sad.. When you can't compete try everything you can to prevent competitors.

look at the chart I posted. The lowest reported number of total phones sold in q4 by a company is 7.8 million by Motorola. HTC doesn't even register on that list,therefore they sold less than 7.8 million phones total. Nokia sold over 16 million SMARTPHONES in q4 2012. 4.4 million were nokia lumias. In q1 2013, nokia sold 5.6 Million Lumias. Again, HTC has been doing poor,and they most likely sold much less in q1 than in q4(apple is going to sell 10 million less in q1 than in q4). Nokia could have sold,or even is very close of outselling HTC android phones with windows phones in q1. Q2 they definitely will.

What I don't understand is why HTC was allowed to buy the high-amplitude audio capture mics. It seems like ST Microelectronics is at fault here for selling it.

• Like 2

It's so funny when you see those who are losing in the market whining and suing everyone instead of making better products.

But the Nokia IS a better product than anything HTC puts out.

HTC wishes they were failing as hard as Nokia is, then.

Just because HTC sells Android doesn't mean they are doing well as an OEM. Remove your head from Google's rectum, it's clouding your view.

• Like 2

HTC One is an amazing device and it's not HTC's fault for this case.

Case closed.

But carry on with you guys circle ****.

• Like 3

And as for can't compete? LOL. Sorry HTC hasn't been able to compete in the Android marketplace for quite a while now, Samsung has completely destroyed them.

In all fairness, Samsung did what they do to all the markets they take over, they bought the market. for a period untill they took over they sold products at a loss with higher warranties than the products warranted and lots of other extra goodies to get people to buy them and to get mindshare. when they had the market, warranties went bye bye, rices went up and no extras.

They've done it to TV's they've done it on phones, they're doing it on white goods. (yeah as if those samsung washers will last the 10 years they warrant....)

What I don't understand is why HTC was allowed to buy the high-amplitude audio capture mics. It seems like ST Microelectronics is at fault here for selling it.

it is STM's fault. BUT that doesn't remove the fault from HTC as well. they bought products they didn't have license for, it's their job to check that they have a license for every product they put into their products.

and that' completely ignoring the possibility that HTC was aware of this and paid STM under the tablet for them hoping to not get caught, but having a escape route if they do get caught, as they can blame it on STM. Not saying that's what happened, but...

htcnokiainjunction.jpg

1. Forget the article. Just look at the differences in craftmanship. Nokia looks like a hand crafted beauty. HTC looks like parts glued together in a sweatshop. It is funny because 720 is a mid range phone while HTC One is a flagship one!

2. HTC is disappointed that the court ruled they are basically thieves? This is a new one.

Quoted this from wpcentral's article's comments :D :D :D :D

Absolutely. But Nokia lose their 'first mover advantage' so they are totally within their rights to block the sale of goods that causes this to happen. ST should be sued by both HTC and Nokia for a loss of sales. HTC for the phones they now can't sell as a result of the injunction, Nokia for the fact that a specifically manufactured part was sold to a competitor.

I'd suspect if HTC did something like that, magically papers would appear showing that STM was paid by HTC to provide those very mics knowing it was patented un-licensed Nokia technology. So I'll bet HTC won't be doing any of that :)

Im amazed at the amount of bias and hostility in this thread. I own a Lumia 920 and a HTC One - both are amazing phones.

nokia is for retarded 1999's folkz. htc did basically EVERYTHING right with the ONE. i often called it the most innovative smartphone out there. software + hardware wise. not only samsung is in panic now but also nokia. i think its really ridiculous. no one cares what brand the chipsets/gpus or whatever inside the phone is are named..... or do you use the phone open?! i dont care if its htc, samsung or nokia or blackberry, they should be allowed to use whatever the chip-market offers. or is now verbatim forbidden to produce CDs/DVDs just because someone else owns the chemical formula for a cd/dvd?! ridiculous.

nokia is for retarded 1999's folkz. htc did basically EVERYTHING right with the ONE. i often called it the most innovative smartphone out there. software + hardware wise. not only samsung is in panic now but also nokia. i think its really ridiculous. no one cares what brand the chipsets/gpus or whatever inside the phone is are named..... or do you use the phone open?! i dont care if its htc, samsung or nokia or blackberry, they should be allowed to use whatever the chip-market offers. or is now verbatim forbidden to produce CDs/DVDs just because someone else owns the chemical formula for a cd/dvd?! ridiculous.

So you basically didn't even skim the article much less read it huh ?

So you basically didn't even skim the article much less read it huh ?

well if everyone would put just always the same acceptance of posted and linked articles ... bias towards ms/alonso/obama/nokia and samsungs plastic bombers and pc gaming is nothing new here. :(

I'd suspect if HTC did something like that, magically papers would appear showing that STM was paid by HTC to provide those very mics knowing it was patented un-licensed Nokia technology. So I'll bet HTC won't be doing any of that :)

I suspect you are right.