web opera mozilla junior hansen

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

• 2,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:08

No, it's both irrelevant and a weak attempt to derail the thread so you can avoid arguing the point. Stick to topic.

Actually, it's highly relevant because if you don't even think stealing business secrets or breaching contract should be illegal then it's pointless to discuss anything with you.

On the other hand, if you think it's OK to steal from someone or breach contracts with them as long as it's Opera you are a dishonest hypocrite, and I think people reading this discussion have the right to know that you are.

So which one is it? Do you agree that someone who does what this guy was accused of should be sued?

#62 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

• 2,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:16

And you are automatically assuming the opposite, based on nothing other than Opera's say so and the presumption of guilt on the contractors part. The law doesn't work that way and neither do I.

This is nonsense. We are discussing the case, not ruling on it. The fact is we can't know either way at this point, and you are basing your opinions on unproven claims by the guy who was sued. You clearly have a bias here which you are trying to get away from with "assumed innocent."

I'm responding to nonsense like yours because you have already decided that Opera is wrong, and Opera can never do right. This is what I have now exposed.

#63 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 2,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:26

Actually, it's highly relevant because if you don't even think stealing business secrets or breaching contract should be illegal then it's pointless to discuss anything with you.

On the other hand, if you think it's OK to steal from someone or breach contracts with them as long as it's Opera you are a dishonest hypocrite, and I think people reading this discussion have the right to know that you are.

So which one is it? Do you agree that someone who does what this guy was accused of should be sued?

Oh well then, if you really want to go down that route. Full disclosure on your part of your financial assets and current + previous employer(s) please, and I do believe I asked first.

#64 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,790 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:32

This is nonsense. We are discussing the case, not ruling on it. The fact is we can't know either way at this point, and you are basing your opinions on unproven claims by the guy who was sued. You clearly have a bias here which you are trying to get away from with "assumed innocent."

I'm responding to nonsense like yours because you have already decided that Opera is wrong, and Opera can never do right. This is what I have now exposed.

.. Exposed?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

#65 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

• 2,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:32

Oh well then, if you really want to go down that route. Full disclosure on your part of your financial assets and current + previous employer(s) please, and I do believe I asked first.

You are getting even more desperate. Why can't you answer a simple and relevant question?

What if it turns out that he did sell one or more trade secrets to Mozilla? Do you agree that the lawsuit would have merit if that were the case?

This is not just a random question, but a question with actual relevance to the discussion.

#66 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 2,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:37

You are getting even more desperate. Why can't you answer a simple and relevant question?

I could cut the hypocrisy with a knife.

This is not just a random question, but a question with actual relevance to the discussion.

Nope! Now, your financials and employment listing please.

#67 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,478 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:57

The law allows that all accused are considered innocent until proven guilty; so no, I see no need to give an assessment on the guilty option. Opera must prove he sold trade secrets. Until then, he's innocent.

Yeah, that would have been true, if this was a criminal lawsuit.

#68 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

• 2,432 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 21:58

I could cut the hypocrisy with a knife.

Nope! Now, your financials and employment listing please.

You can't answer a simple and relevant yes/no question, but want me to answer an irrelevant question you made up because you are too scared to be honest about this case?

Weak.

#69 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,790 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 22:01

Yeah, that would have been true, if this was a criminal lawsuit.

It still applies in civil courts, too.

#70 Athernar

Athernar

?

• 2,992 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 22:06

You can't answer a simple and relevant yes/no question, but want me to answer an irrelevant question you made up because you are too scared to be honest about this case?

Weak.

So you ask a question with intent to try and dismiss any dissenting opinions by attacking character, but you won't disclose if you have/had have any connection to the parties involved (i.e. establishing character)?

Weak.

#71 PreKe

PreKe

Neowinian Senior

• 2,432 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 13:00

So you ask a question with intent to try and dismiss any dissenting opinions by attacking character, but you won't disclose if you have/had have any connection to the parties involved (i.e. establishing character)?

Weak.

No, I ask a question to see if you are being honest and consistent with your arguments, or if you are just flailing aimlessly around.

#72 Kevjoesaurus

Kevjoesaurus

Neowinian

• 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 14:34

I'm surprised by some posters here that show no respect at all for Opera... like it or not, it's probably the most innovative browser arround.

They were the first with tabbed browsing (could you imagine living without it now?), were the first with a pop up blocker, mouse gestures and tons of other stuff.

Look for more info here: http://www.opera.com/portal/15/years/

They might have slowed down with Opera 15, and I didn't like the change from Presto either, but I'm using Opera 15 and I'm enjoying it more than Opera 12 (though I miss a lot of features, but surfing Facebook isn't a hell anymore).

They do know that a lot of features aren't available yet. They will add new features again, but give them some time.

And more on topic, Opera has every right to sue this person if he really did steal something, but this isn't our concern. If Opera feels that something was stolen, and they feel that it is enough to sue, Try to google opera sues and you will see that it's basicly the only time that opera sued anyone themselves, or one of the few times. Look up google sues or microsoft sues, you'll see something completely different...

We don't even know what was stolen, and as long as we don't know that we shouldn't argue. It could be something very obvious, but alas we do not know yet.

#73 gameboy1977

gameboy1977

Neowinian

• 941 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:14

Opera is soooo big baby crying and says, "Hello EU (as their mummy), and I want to sue this person who steal stuff from our product!" *baby crying!*

#74 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,478 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:37

Opera is soooo big baby crying and says, "Hello EU (as their mummy), and I want to sue this person who steal stuff from our product!" *baby crying!*

Uh what ? They are a Norwegian company suing a Noregian in the Norwegian court system for break of contract, like any company in a similar situation would do. 

#75 dr_crabman

dr_crabman

Neowinian

• 520 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 16:01

Some people really do turn their brains off everytime they read the name Opera, don't they? Same goes for the OP.