colorado social media gross misconduct house foreclosure justified firing

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 NightScreams

NightScreams

Neowinian

• 262 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 22:49

Truths and realities about employers and companies........it hurts.

#17 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 25,842 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 22:50

Yep if you want to talk **** about your employer, then post it on a blog under a fake name and change the name of the workplace you are bitching about.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:20

The best thing is not to have many friends these days. Have acquaintances. And trust no one.

#19 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:24

People should have the right to vent if they want to.

#20 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,339 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:27

People should have the right to vent if they want to.

Sure, but you don't went on a public forum. employers have no right to keep employees who are not happy with being where they are or who write crap about them in public. if you want to vent, do it ina pirvate diary or to a friend.

#21 Javik

Javik

• 5,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:30

Employers should have no right to pry into what we do in our private lives full stop. You wouldn't tolerate an employer putting a hidden mic in your home so why should we tolerate them snooping on our Facebook accounts? If this post was private and another employee had to show it to the employer, it means the employer was snooping on something they hadn't been given consent to access. The fact that it's the Internet doesn't automatically give companies elevated rights to snoop on your private affairs.

#22 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,339 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:44

Employers should have no right to pry into what we do in our private lives full stop.

This is the only part of your post I need to read.

Facebook is NOT private.

Hence:

Sure, but you don't went on a public forum. employers have no right to keep employees who are not happy with being where they are or who write crap about them in public. if you want to vent, do it in a private diary or to a friend.

#23 Javik

Javik

• 5,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:45

That's bullcrap. Facebook's TOS only give them access to your data, if you set your profile to private and people snoop on it without your permission they ARE violating your privacy.

#24 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,339 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:40

That's bullcrap. Facebook's TOS only give them access to your data, if you set your profile to private and people snoop on it without your permission they ARE violating your privacy.

Sorry but, the FB TOS means bullcrap to your employer. and even if you set it to private, you're still posting it publicly online. and if other people can see it, your employer can see, it if not directly indirectly. If you have a private FB with just your 2-3 best friends sure, but you're still doing it at your own risk, posting it on a public internet forum.

use your head or lose your job. simple. just like you don't tell your next employer at the interview why you quit or got fired from your last job if you want the job.

#25 fusi0n

fusi0n

The Crazy One

• 3,540 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 64GB

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:41

Yep if you want to talk **** about your employer, then post it on a blog under a fake name and change the name of the workplace you are bitching about.

Sounds like SOMEONE has done this before.. ;)

#26 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 425 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 13:00

The thing that really gets me is this here: Lobato said it was so bad that, "It felt like someone was kicking me in my stomach."
He went on to say that his supervisor’s response to his illness was less than sympathetic, reporting, "He told me I wasn't allowed to leave my machinery again."

Now, before I am flamed hear me out. Something like this happened with my wife, and she is a RN. She kept having upper abdominal pain, and real bad heartburn. She blew it off as usual, and went to work normally. She told her immediate supervisor that she felt like she was going to faint, and that woman had the gall to tell her she would live, and to go back to work, so she did. When she got home that night, she was hurting so bad that I took her back to the ER. Come to find out, her gall bladder was full of stones and had to come out. The doctor took her of work for a week, and when she finally got everything taken care of, when she went back to work, they told her they did not need her services anymore. This is the way this country is coming, your not a person, and if you die on the job your fired.

#27 slapfacemcdougal

slapfacemcdougal

Neowinian

• 164 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 15:44

The thing that really gets me is this here: Lobato said it was so bad that, "It felt like someone was kicking me in my stomach."
He went on to say that his supervisor’s response to his illness was less than sympathetic, reporting, "He told me I wasn't allowed to leave my machinery again."

Now, before I am flamed hear me out. Something like this happened with my wife, and she is a RN. She kept having upper abdominal pain, and real bad heartburn. She blew it off as usual, and went to work normally. She told her immediate supervisor that she felt like she was going to faint, and that woman had the gall to tell her she would live, and to go back to work, so she did. When she got home that night, she was hurting so bad that I took her back to the ER. Come to find out, her gall bladder was full of stones and had to come out. The doctor took her of work for a week, and when she finally got everything taken care of, when she went back to work, they told her they did not need her services anymore. This is the way this country is coming, your not a person, and if you die on the job your fired.

Gall stones are a far cry from death. Surgery has its risks, and gall bladder attacks due to gall stones, are probably some of the worst pain a person can go through, but nowhere near death.

#28 Javik

Javik

• 5,883 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 17:35

Sorry but, the FB TOS means bullcrap to your employer. and even if you set it to private, you're still posting it publicly online. and if other people can see it, your employer can see, it if not directly indirectly. If you have a private FB with just your 2-3 best friends sure, but you're still doing it at your own risk, posting it on a public internet forum.

use your head or lose your job. simple. just like you don't tell your next employer at the interview why you quit or got fired from your last job if you want the job.

The FB TOS is a legal contract that you agree to when you sign up to Facebook. I don't really care whether my employer agrees with the TOS or not, if I have made the data private they have no right to access it.

#29 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 425 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 18:12

Gall stones are a far cry from death. Surgery has its risks, and gall bladder attacks due to gall stones, are probably some of the worst pain a person can go through, but nowhere near death.

Are you a doctor? They can cause jaundice and liver damage, and my wife was close to it. I will take their word over someone on a forum any day.

#30 shockz

shockz

Neowinian Senior

• 19,601 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 11 May 2013 - 18:15

The best thing is not to have many friends these days. Have acquaintances. And trust no one.

Sounds miserable.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!