colorado social media gross misconduct house foreclosure justified firing

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 slapfacemcdougal

slapfacemcdougal

Neowinian

• 164 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 18:22

Are you a doctor? They can cause jaundice and liver damage, and my wife was close to it. I will take their word over someone on a forum any day.

I'm aware of what they can do, they cause your body to absorb less vitamin k. And it would be some rare instances where you could die from gall stones alone.

I would know, I had to live with the damn things for almost a year before they figured out I had Gall Stones, and before they did the surgery for it.

They wouldn't have done the surgery if my vitamin k levels were as low as they were a few weeks to a month before surgery..

http://www.umm.edu/p...se_000010_3.htm

#32 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,469 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 11 May 2013 - 18:37

there is actually a clause in my employment agreement that the company i work for that that says that i agree not to say thing negative about the company or any of its employees on any social networking site. Which i do not have a problem with at all. Then again I keep my facebook page rather locked down where my twitter feed is public.

#33 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,642 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 20:02

I wouldn't agree to work for anyone that made that kind of demand of me. What I do in my own private space is nobody's business but my own.

#34 Ph1b3r0pt1c

Ph1b3r0pt1c

Neowinian

• 401 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 20:51

there is actually a clause in my employment agreement that the company i work for that that says that i agree not to say thing negative about the company or any of its employees on any social networking site. Which i do not have a problem with at all. Then again I keep my facebook page rather locked down where my twitter feed is public.

Is it really that bad to work there that they have to have a clause in the contract about saying negative things in public about them?

#35 metallithrax

metallithrax

I saw you earlier, with the hairy stick....

• 8,482 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia U (android 4.0.4)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 21:01

Employers should have no right to pry into what we do in our private lives full stop. You wouldn't tolerate an employer putting a hidden mic in your home so why should we tolerate them snooping on our Facebook accounts? If this post was private and another employee had to show it to the employer, it means the employer was snooping on something they hadn't been given consent to access. The fact that it's the Internet doesn't automatically give companies elevated rights to snoop on your private affairs.

It was a fellow employee ( a friend, no less) who reported the post, and not the company snooping.

#36 MDboyz

MDboyz

Neowinian

• 1,232 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 21:25

I can't post anything bad about my company on my facebook anymore, since my manager added me as his friend lol ...

#37 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,277 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 21:29

so he went on facebook at work? probably against company policy and was actually fired for that not for the post

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!