Photo

Android Tablet Fast Battery Drain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:19

Ok so i am just browsing te web on my tablet when i notice the battery goes from 91% to about 60% instantly. And i was wondering what caused this. The default browser is all I pretty much use, i was thinking the battery could ge out of sync as I dont always charge it fully before I use it again so Maybe if I drain it to empty and fully charge it that may fix the issue? Any help is appreciated.

Posted Image

#2 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:25

One good trick I use mith my note 10.1, and various other devices, phone laptop etc... is to let the battery die, then trickle charge said device from my pc's usb ports, pleased to say that even my now almost 4 year old Nokia N8 (def above 3 years old) still holds similar standyby and usage times as they did when new (please note, I said similar, not exact)

My trick is, 3 usb charges from the pc for every mains charge, and yes it will take forever if charging from pc,

#3 +djdanster

djdanster

Neowin elite

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:46

Grab an app called CPU Spy. This keeps a track of hold long your CPU is at a certain clock rate. It's most likely masses amounts of CPU work killing it.

Could you tell us what tablet and Android version you have?

#4 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15
  • Phone: HTC One (Home) Lumia 1020 (Work)

Posted 10 May 2013 - 14:51

Custom build? I had one that was buggy and it gobbled battery life like mad, fixed a couple days later.

#5 OP +Fractalizer

Fractalizer

Cupcakes!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 14:49

I fixed it, all it needed was a run to empty and then a full charge. Now after 5 straight hours of flash videos my battery is sitting at 53% from 100% not bad for 5 hours of flash vids.